101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #10) [UK]

Apr 10, 2013
Ireland
Release date: March 10, 2014
Purchase link: 101 Dalmatians
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000 + Region FREE

For anyone that's missing Disney Movie Rewards points, just screenshot your order from Zavvi's website and send it over to Disney. They've already given me the 150 points that should be there :)

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

Official Hi-Def Ninja Showcase Video

Specs:

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 922
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is the one disney title I have been really excited about getting a title as it is my favourite disney movie! This and Lady and The Tramp are definites for me!

If they use the current model I.e. Planes, colours will look washed out, the blue sky will appear grey. The red box will be debossed with 101 Dalmatians embossed.

Maybe they'll stick a grey slip on the front too :)

As much as I liked this film as a kid, and the cover looks nice and colourful, I am not sure I'm willing to pay £20 for it. At least with JB, LM and Aladdin we were paying a premium for some of Disney's most iconic animated films.

As much as I liked this film as a kid, and the cover looks nice and colourful, I am not sure I'm willing to pay £20 for it. At least with JB, LM and Aladdin we were paying a premium for some of Disney's most iconic animated films.

If you think 101 Dalmations isn't one of Disney's major animated movies, then you're seriously misguided. It's tantamount to saying Pinocchio is just a slight tale about a wooden puppet!

Whilst many seem to want the new, and often soulless animatd Disneys, I still look forward to the classics coming out in steelbook: roll on not just Pinocchio, but Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Bambi, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland. Sleeping Beauty and The Sword in The Stone.

And if we don't get Fun and Fancy Free it'll be criminal.

Last edited:
101 Dalmations is one of the few Disney Animated Classic Films to get a sequel and has even been made into a live action version with it's own sequel. It is without a doubt one of Disney's most iconic animated classics.

To be fair, getting a sequel isn't a sign of quality for the original, just that it's a recognisable brand to be exploited.

Besides, I'm not sure 'one of the few' is accurate either (in no particular order)...

Cinderella
The Rescuers (theatrical sequel, and a classic in its own right)
Bambi
The Little Mermaid
Lilo & Stitch
Brother Bear
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Atlantis
Tarzan
The Fox and the Hound