Embossed treatment

10836030-1376475545-983305.jpg

10836030-1377591695-422215.jpg

10836030-1376475562-96203.jpg

Actual pictures:

twelve1.jpg

twelve2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there was a type of thin plastic coating, a bit like a laminate that could be placed over the front. Then you would use a hair dryer to make it stick to the front like a heat seal. Hey presto, instant glossy SteelBook. Maybe I should invent something along those lines then patent it.

I wish there was a type of thin plastic coating, a bit like a laminate that could be placed over the front. Then you would use a hair dryer to make it stick to the front like a heat seal. Hey presto, instant glossy SteelBook. Maybe I should invent something along those lines then patent it.

Here ya go...

1whq.jpg

Let me know how that turn out for ya. :) Of course it won't fix much on garbage like that Canadian T2 steelbook that was just printed in washed out dull colors.

UK - Zavvi Exclusive - Twelve Monkeys
Debossed with matte finish.

I actually like this steelbook. I love this movie so extremely happy. True a gloss finish would have been better. A debossed back, but its Twelve Monkeys in steelbook. AT LAST!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
UK - Zavvi Exclusive - Twelve Monkeys
Debossed with matte finish.

I actually like this steelbook. I love this movie so extremely happy. True a gloss finish would have been better. A debossed back, but its Twelve Monkeys in steelbook. AT LAST!!!!

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

Thanks for the pics. This is much better than The Game. The artwork is nice, especially the inside art and the debossing on the title is really neat. That said a better finish (glossy preferably) would've made this a quality release. It's annoying that a potential great Steelbook is let down by something that is so easily remedied. Yes apparently glossy finishes are out of the question at the moment, but we have had some really nice matte finishes so far this year. Unfortunately, Universal seem to be going for the cheaper/easier option recently (the finishing on Oblivion was totally underwhelming compared to the awesome artwork). I will pick this up if it drops below a tenner though. There's just enough here to warrant a purchase I think :)

Reactions: Buffalo MX
Thanks for the pics. This is much better than The Game. The artwork is nice, especially the inside art and the debossing on the title is really neat. That said a better finish (glossy preferably) would've made this a quality release. It's annoying that a potential great Steelbook is let down by something that is so easily remedied. Yes apparently glossy finishes are out of the question at the moment, but we have had some really nice matte finishes so far this year. Unfortunately, Universal seem to be going for the cheaper/easier option recently (the finishing on Oblivion was totally underwhelming compared to the awesome artwork). I will pick this up if it drops below a tenner though. There's just enough here to warrant a purchase I think :)

Yeah, its a quality film and its not a bad steelbook. It looks one of the better matte finishes, not the streaky kind. and the image holds up well with the light, not washed out or fades away.

The 20th anniversary is coming in 2015/2016 and I sincerely hope Universal give this film the TRUE treatment that it deserves. They need to go back and remaster this (4K wouldnt be a bad idea) and 7.1 DTS HD MA would be killer. Theres some great surround scenes in this film to warrant that mix. Even new documentaries with Terry 20 years on would be awesome.

But can Universal be bothered. I hope so. :)

Reactions: spass and rj531