The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: June 13th, 2012
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 3,076

Thanks member 'caudeceus' from HMV thread.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks that way. From the pic, it is not clear whether only the Japanese release will have the slip, since the UK version often has the little partial overlay and no slip. Japanese Steels sometimes have slips (like Harry Potter Deathly, etc). We may not know if all of the releases are EXACTLY the same in that regard, prior to release. But stay tuned to the threads. I am sure we and members will post if new info becomes available.

Reactions: jbsolo
Edited-comment deleted to avoid confusion. pertains to different version-Digitalbabe.

From Murdock:
The disc art work you art referring to, is actually for the DVD copy of the film. The art work of the Blu-ray discs is the same, though there is one more different art work for each Blu-ray disc, at least at the US version.

As for now, this is the only Steelbook to be confirmed of containing a booklet, so these is the one I'll get. If it would be the only steel to get a sleep cover as well, it will be more valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Murdock, ah yes, you are correct! Here's a pic for anyone not familiar with regular DVD different from BD Steelbook) release/news/blip the Marketing ploy caused. Courtesy of Gizmodo.

original.jpg

Last edited:
Spawn-yeah aside from the recent Warner Steels, which were 'cheap' in comparison to other JP Steels, they're always over the top..cray cray!

Um. Is this version any good? I like James bond and all but after seeing the originals I'm not sure I could get into this. Worth it?

Um. Is this version any good? I like James bond and all but after seeing the originals I'm not sure I could get into this. Worth it?
I loved the Swedish adaptation and this is a must for me, nothing to do with James Bond btw, if you into crime and thriller genre this won't disappoint, wonder whether they will release the remaining two titles from the series, I'm sure they will ;)

I have the UK one on preorder but I'm very tempted to order this one too for the slip only EEK!

same here, I just cancelled my hmv order. I rather spend the extra for the slipcover. I want the best of the best...and so far...this might be it for me :)

I'm wondering if it's cheap to buy bulk?

Maybe someone from the USA interested in doing a group buy of this one and Mission Impossible to save shipping?

I loved the Swedish adaptation and this is a must for me, nothing to do with James Bond btw, if you into crime and thriller genre this won't disappoint, wonder whether they will release the remaining two titles from the series, I'm sure they will ;)

I have the UK one on preorder but I'm very tempted to order this one too for the slip only EEK!

Hi May-sadly group buys for Amazon.jp generally make no sense, as they hit us with customs after a certain amount, too. It ends up jacking up the costs of each Steel, and Amazon JP is not necessarily as willing to replace multiple qty's if damaged, as other Amazon sites may be (depends completely on situation). Hence most group buy organizers generally don't find it's worth the hassle due to the factors above.