DigiPack 2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray Digipack) (WCL Exclusive No.17) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: Dec 15,2018
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: 300 copies numbered - This contains four discs (4K + 2x BD + DVD), 2 material booklets, 1 screenplay (English), 1 folder, 3 special cards, 10 postcards
44788836594_f68f18f1ae_k.jpg

Last edited:
@Wreck Do you know how much would it be roughly for a group buy or if there's not enough interest would you be able to get me a copy somehow?
548CNY works for UK to about £62 obviously postage and fees to add.
This is a true masterpiece & the most complete collectors edition of this movie I have ever seen and only 300 copies I agree it's expensive and it's not a Steelbook set but people think nothing of paying £65+ or more for Marvel Blufans or HDZeta editions so I'm not dismissing it. Are any other members interested?
@Lollard2002 @Noodles
@TheJoker

@Wreck Do you know how much would it be roughly for a group buy or if there's not enough interest would you be able to get me a copy somehow?
This is a true masterpiece & the most complete collectors edition of this movie I have ever seen and only 300 copies I agree it's expensive and it's not a Steelbook set but people think nothing of paying £65+ or more for Marvel Blufans or HDZeta editions so I'm not dismissing it. Are any other members interested?
@Lollard2002 @Noodles
@TheJoker

I’d definitely want to know more on pricing. Would end up being the most expensive digipack I’ve ever bought if I were to go for it. But the contents do make this look to be one of the best releases for 2001 ever

Reactions: Travis Bickle
@Lollard2002 @Noodles
@TheJoker
That sort of price I can definitely do!

@Lollard2002 @Noodles
@TheJoker
yep, super interested. :woot: the stark monolithic cover. :drool: the gorgeous outer case. :thumbs: the staff ID cards (reminds me of Kimchi Memento):hungry:. the metal icon card:wow:. two booklets :D. all 4 discs :sweat:...

i note the concern others have raised above with this retailer and previous GBs, but the beauty shots are what i would expect (demand!) from a premium set for such an iconic film. despite my forum name, i do also love a good limited edition in any format!

4K aside, do we know what region the other discs will be? could be a key factor.

@Lollard2002 @Noodles
@TheJoker
@Wreck said it would be pricing like Matrix GB. That was $137 with direct shipping, roughly £105 GBP.

yep, super interested. :woot: the stark monolithic cover. :drool: the gorgeous outer case. :thumbs: the staff ID cards (reminds me of Kimchi Memento):hungry:. the metal icon card:wow:. two booklets :D. all 4 discs :sweat:...

i note the concern others have raised above with this retailer and previous GBs, but the beauty shots are what i would expect (demand!) from a premium set for such an iconic film. despite my forum name, i do also love a good limited edition in any format!

4K aside, do we know what region the other discs will be? could be a key factor.
all 4 discs are region free

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
€89 shipped.. acceptable or way too much? I’d say the latter but I’m still having trouble deciding.. :notworthy: It really is a beautiful and complete release.

I bought UC Matrix leather slip for $90, so will expect this to cost me around $80 (like Mlife's 'Brotherhood of Blades' box set)
No idea how you get it but the retail price is approx $80 so with fees, shipping and customs it will be more for me. €89/~$102 shipped is the cheapest I’ve seen at least.