2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #5) [UK]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: WB Shop - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - eBay
Price: £29.99 (WB shop - Zavvi - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

C4CFA345-E291-4516-98B1-4A2D406FB246.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they could be the first to do a Bad times at the El Royale edition...

I would love a steel of that film but not from these guys. I need a proper premium of it

They said again in a very recent comment on their IG that it's a patch. I presume they know what they're making and selling, so it's just the digital mockup that's misleading. It's a patch.

Don’t count on them for information. It will probably turn out to be a sticker or one of them temporary tattoos

(It does look like a patch though)

For me the bone sequence symbolises different things, the first being that mankind's evolution came from something that wasn't purposely created or presented to us by the 'aliens' to teach us. It came from something that was in front of the apes all along, a simple bone. ( although the idea was instilled by the contact with the monolith ).
The fact that the bone was an instrument of death gives, for me personally, the impression that maybe the movie is trying to portray evolution as a negative progression of mankind, ie, everything that has happened since has been a product of violence and death. After all, the bone was an instrument of death, cutting to a nuclear bomb in space, also an instrument of death.
Or maybe I'm just reading too much into the symbolism... :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
For me the bone sequence symbolises different things, the first being that mankind's evolution came from something that wasn't purposely created or presented to us by the 'aliens' to teach us. It came from something that was in front of the apes all along, a simple bone.
The fact that the bone was an instrument of death gives, for me personally, the impression that maybe the movie is trying to portray evolution as a negative progression of mankind, ie, everything that has happened since has been a product of violence and death. After all, the bone was an instrument of death, cutting to a nuclear bomb in space, also an instrument of death.

In all seriousness, I agree with you on the second part. First part is a little far fetched for me

Reactions: leelee17
The fact that the bone sequence cuts to a shot of a nuclear space bomb suggests that the world was on the brink of destruction in the year 2001 so Maybe the monolith on the moon was intended as a more positive step in terms of mankind's evolution that would take us in a less destructive direction (ironically as was the case at the beginning of the movie).
We were given power, we abused it and now we need to change ....
Or maybe I just need to chill out ...

Reactions: GeoRattray
The fact that the bone sequence cuts to a shot of a nuclear space bomb suggests that the world was on the brink of destruction in the year 2001 so Maybe the monolith on the moon was intended as a more positive step in terms of mankind's evolution that would take us in a less destructive direction (ironically as was the case at the beginning of the movie).
We were given power, we abused it and now we need to change ....
Or maybe I just need to chill out ...

In the original novel it's made clear the monolith is on the moon as a guard dog to the species that placed it there to let them know when mankind is leaving earth. A sort of sentry to the aliens offworld that mankind is on the loose and to get ready for mankind. A hint that the aliens know that the hand that has been feeding mankind may get bitten.....

Reactions: leelee17
For me the bone sequence symbolises different things, the first being that mankind's evolution came from something that wasn't purposely created or presented to us by the 'aliens' to teach us. It came from something that was in front of the apes all along, a simple bone.

The aliens are trying to help mankind to survive hence the monolith. Without their help man won't evolve or survive but they also realise the danger mankind represents in getting off planet earth. Hence the monolith on the moon. (It's a trigger warning) and then later the starchild and the importance of the starchild in the sequel. They need an emissary to mankind and the starchild does the job. Clearly the aliens have reasons they don't want direct contact with man. But they also need a way to guide man and the starchild fits the bill. Survival of the fittest does seem to be the message here and clearly the aliens decided mankind was the only species on planet earth that fitted the bill. Yes it could be argued why are the aliens even bothering to evolve a dangerous species to begin with. Answer: Maybe they see a greater good long term which would benefit them.... (If they are still around)