Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA

Attachments

• Zero-Dark-Thirty-Poster-437x650.jpg
    Zero-Dark-Thirty-Poster-437x650.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited by a moderator:
This film was pretty damn good! This movie was excellently made - if it wins anything, it should win Best Director but not best picture. Chastain should definitely be nominated. It would be nice if Jason Clarke got nominated as well.

Im not an overly patriotic person usually but this movie was one of the few that made me proud of the CIA and navy seals.

I kept on picturing Jodie Foster or Julianne Moore in the main Chastain role. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333
I didn't reckon much to this... all talk and no action (until the end). Kind of reminded me of Tinker Tailor, which I also found boring. I was really looking forward to this too, as I'm a big fan of The Hurt Locker.

Without getting into specifics....

Saw this today and thought it was an awesome film. Pretty intense at times but well presented. I thought it was really well filmed and put together. All the actors were great too especially Jessica. From my knowledge the movie is pretty accurate to fact as well.

The movie was as I expected... a lead up of the events and things that took place and then the actual raid. Great story-telling IMO from the director leading up to the big finale.

Definitely getting this on steel if its released. Hopefully one from Alliance Canada ;)

I liked it very much, as I did with The Hurt Locker.

Interesting story, incredible lead actress and a talented supporting cast that delivered good and solid performances. I don't know how much close to reality the movie was of course, but if you ask me, it didn't bored me even a minute. I also liked the fact that they didn't hesitate to include the torture aspect in the movie. I think that Bigelow is exceptional at what she does, and considering that the movie is nominated for a Best Motion Picture of the Year Academy Award, Bigelow should have been nomitated for directing it as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's the best movie of the year though.

Reactions: ash333 and Drum18
I went to see it again, I liked it. I thought it was well done and intense at times. Chastain was damn good, probably will take the Oscar. When compared with the other best pictures nominees, it is up there, but Argo was in my personal opinion a lot better and has higher chances to win it than ZDT.

I saw this a week ago,with reservations because i didnt like The Hurt Locker. But i enjoyed
it,and Jessica Chastain was pretty good in it.

indeed, the movie was well done and interesting. I have always wonder how they found the most wanted man in the world.... Now, I know.

In my opinion, this one is far greater than Argo. Argo was an average movie, but Zero Dark Dirty is far better with action.

I love the fact that we got a steelbook edition from it...

One of the better movies I have seen lately =)