24kt Gold PS3 Slim

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
goldps3_01.jpg

Buying a video game console in a color different from the default shade is one thing. Getting it custom painted is quite another thing. ...having it dipped in real gold? That's in its own universe.

What you're looking at here is the shell of a 24kt gold PS3 Slim that Computer Choppers released several weeks back and now, they're ready to sell the completed gold-encrusted system. You can buy this right now if you so desire; in addition to the gold console, you will receive 2 24kt gold controllers plus a 1-year warranty. You can also take another step and purchase custom PS3 logos in chrome, black chrome, 24kt gold, white gold, rose gold, or platinum. If that's not enough for you, they'll give you the option of creating your very own PS3 logo using diamonds or most any rare, valuable material you can think of. Obviously, this would cost a little extra, and make that $5,000 price tag even more intimidating for most normal humans. You could always wait for the "jeweled limited edition" PS3 that Computer Choppers will produce soon (although not in time for the holiday rush); they will only make a few of these machines, and we'll be interested to see how they come out. More diamonds? How's about an Emerald and Ruby PS3?

The question is, how seriously do you take your gaming? Is your console worth the golden treatment? Remember, prices start at $5k.

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL I take my gaming serious enough to maybe invest in a really cool skin for my ps3 ... which is like what, $25? LoL ... but never diamonds and ****, If you wanna buy **** like that its just to show off ... and thus your better off buying some uber rare limited edition games to show off. Seems like more fun in it.

bet you i could find some gold vinyl wrap and make my ps3 gold with the controllers for cheap then throwing down 5 grand.

they used it on a ferrari f430 and it looks about the same as real gold IMO.
f430-scud-gold-560.jpg

and if you know anyone in a car body shop u can get chrome paint.

Last edited: