The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Ext. Ed.) (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FS Exc) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 5, 2013
Price: {param} 29.99$
Purchase link: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition
Notes: G2 Standard Steelbook - 4 discs (2x 3D BD + 2x BD for special features)

m2207417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH YEAH!!! :oohyeah:
:ordered: but don't worry, the price will go down... ;)

If not, already ordered at Amazon.co.uk for 35$ (shipping included).

Last edited:
Reactions: schrute farms
Looks good! ...just hoping that blue banner is a J Card.

Hold up, is this a 3D Bluray ONLY!?

Last edited:
I think it is possible the 3D disc has the 2D version as well. Odd to eliminate a huge portion of the buying base by making it 3D only. My guess is 3D/2D

I think it is possible the 3D disc has the 2D version as well. Odd to eliminate a huge portion of the buying base by making it 3D only. My guess is 3D/2D

As the other LOTR extended editions were anywhere from 3.5-4.5 hours and needed 2 discs each, I heavily doubt that the same disc can hold both movies..just because of their length.

As the other LOTR extended editions were anywhere from 3.5-4.5 hours and needed 2 discs each, I heavily doubt that the same disc can hold both movies..just because of their length.

I think that would be dependent on the type of disc used. In mid 2010 I think, 100GB blu ray disc was announced to be coming. This doubled the capacity from the max at the time 50GB. It is possible to have both on the same disc with the improved capacity. While 3D adoption is growing, a vast majority of homes can only support 2D. Alienating the 2D viewer base could be disastrous IMO

I think that would be dependent on the type of disc used. In mid 2010 I think, 100GB blu ray disc was announced to be coming. This doubled the capacity from the max at the time 50GB. It is possible to have both on the same disc with the improved capacity. While 3D adoption is growing, a vast majority of homes can only support 2D. Alienating the 2D viewer base could be disastrous IMO

That brings up another question: Can today's blu-ray players (including the PS3) even support reading those 100GB Blu-ray discs...?

I'm not sure but on Future Shop website, they removed the "Future Shop Exclusive" in the description... :naughty:

(still present in the web adress... but still...)