[Give-Away] dfoles wants to share

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Inspired by winning Nyrvana's Bonus Give-Away, which the was inspired by Mnementh's "pay it forward Give-Away", I am going to do a Give-Away of my own!

Within the past few months I received The Walking Dead season 2 Entertainment Store exclusive that was unfortunately damaged, and I was able to secure a new copy.
I managed to snag two copies of PotC: On Stranger Tides (FutureShop). I blindly opened one and it's in perfect condition. It wasn't until I went to take pictures for sale of the other that I realized there was a dent.

Up for grabs are the damaged copies. Most of the damage for TWD2 is on the back, and the damage on PotC4 is on the front across the skull, almost in line with one of the swords. I tried to capture it as best I can in the pictures. TWD2 is open, and all discs are fine and included. PotC4 is the sealed FutureShop release with discs.

The Give-Away will conclude on April 20.

Shipping within the US will be free, international shipping I will split with the winner via PayPal.

The Walking Dead season 2 Entertainment Store exclusive
alsr.jpg

vd0m.jpg

This is the top of the back
ii0a.jpg

2iib.jpg

Ding on the front left
k7j5.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Viva Metal Box)
psrq.jpg

3ij4.jpg

wb6s.jpg

The winner will be able to choose which one they want.

To be entered into this Give-Away, you must:

1. Thank this post.

2. Post about a steelbook (or other metal casing) you were really looking forward to that you received damaged. Pictures welcome :)

If you want two entries into this give away:

1. Thank someone's post in any Collection Forum.

2. Come back here and tell me whose collection you thanked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never took photos because I sent it back to the eBay member, but the empty Cinderella Viva arrived to me in a bubble mailer bent all to hell. I was pretty devastated...but the member was too notch and gave me my money back!

Thanks for the giveaway :)

Edit: I thanked Hatori's Kimchi award thread :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
My Target Cowboys and Aliens arrived damaged and of course it was sold out, so I had to settle for that one.

I thanked Hooch's Horror Award

Hate to put myself through that traumatizing experience :ugh: But for the sake of the give-away, I'll talk about it .. Lol, when I purchased all 6 of the Fast & Furious Steelbooks from Best Buy, the 2nd, 5th, and 6th were badly damaged . Had to go back to the store 2 times to replace em CHUCKED first world problems at its finest

I got a Best Buy Avengers Viva Steelbook case from Amazon, and when I got it, it was all dinged on the front. I'm in the process of finally replacing it now thanks to an HDN member!

My FNAC Monsters Inc. Couldn't believe the DHL guy just handed it to me before sprinting down my path. Then I kept ringing them but as I didn't speak French they kept putting the phone down on me - Nightmare!!!!!

cyz2zy3119ods9lfg.jpg

48lemt0188b12qifg.jpg

1yvw6ancaz6hu47fg.jpg

xwt6zscp41ut5w8fg.jpg

Thanks for the giveaway

I'm a massive Clint Eastwood fan and not many of his films are in Steelbook so I was so excited to purchase Gran Torino from Amazon.ca.
Unfortunately, it arrived with a spine slash. Gutted.

If i win, I'd like The Walking Dead.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the damage steelbook from my JB local in Sydney. And i can conclude that the quality of SB in AU is not as good as others from foreign contries.

Natural Born Killers turned up from ES looking like a banana. They were really good about replacing it though.

Thanks for the giveaway, and for the name drop :D

Thanks for the give away.

I received Star Trek into Darkness from JB HIFI arrived with a big dent at the back :(

I called JB but they told me they were sold out and only can issue refund if I shipped back the copy and the cost to ship back from USA practically the same with the price of the steelbook.

I thanked Tridon at Kimchi Steel Award.

Well i was really looking forward to getting my Piranha 3D steel but when it arrived it had a huge dent in the front :( (right in the middle) Surprise, surprise it come from amazon.ca :angry: (got refunded so thats a plus :thumbs:)

Sorry no pictures of the steel.

Thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

Nightmare before Christmas came in double jiffy bags from Zavvi. It was dented and the spine was broken...I was stupid enough to settle for a partial refund as it was no longer in stock. Until some weeks later of course.

Tron Legacy I bought at the local MediaMarkt store. Thoroughly checked it on dents and scratches and I was happy to have one without it. So I cycle back home and there is this older man cycling in front of me...not going very fast... I decided to pass him and at the exact same moment he thought it would be a good idea to take a left turn in the middle of the cycling lane. We bumped into each other and I swerved to the left towards the parked cars on the side of the road. I was able to avoid the cars but then fell off my bike and on my new steelbook...it was pretty flat after that. (If you're wondering about the older guy ... he was ok, he swerved to the right onto the sidewalk ;))