Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 8, 2018
Purchase links: HMV - Amazon - Zavvi
Price: £17.99

91SC-tp22mL._SX522_.jpg

91O55SNLsvL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're missing the point. It mightn't have the extras of the Criterion pressing but it will most certainly be the Criterion Master that they will use. Same situation as "A Night to Remember" ITV studio own the rights and Criterion couldn't do a thing without their permission.

They did the The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp a few years back as a steelbook and it was superb and I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Shoes steelbook design changed before the release date.

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
You're missing the point. It mightn't have the extras of the Criterion pressing but it will most certainly be the Criterion Master that they will use. Same situation as "A Night to Remember" ITV studio own the rights and Criterion couldn't do a thing without their permission.
But that IS the point... it'll be missing a lot of the extras and yet it's more expensive. Not getting my hopes up for good artwork either.

There is a lot of people out there more than happy with a top notch pressing and no extras or should I say the extras you want. If you really want the Criterion pressing just buy it. Nothing stopping you.

There is a lot of people out there more than happy with a top notch pressing and no extras or should I say the extras you want. If you really want the Criterion pressing just buy it. Nothing stopping you.
How can I when there is no UK Criterion release? That's my whole point lol.

But never mind... this is definitely better than nothing I suppose.

Reactions: paulboland
Brilliant film but pity it won't have the excellent extras that's on the USA Criterion release

I like a lot of others like having new extras as that is was adds to a back catalog films releases making them more better than previous releases

Some extras can be very good and make a release very special and add enjoyment to a release

I have purchased a lot of releases just because it has new extras or better extras than other previous releases

Reactions: Noodles
As I said early on just get the USA pressing if you are bothered. None is stopping you. I get discs from all over the planet and never have to worry about X coming out in Y only and not Z.

Region free players are easy to get and are usually only 20 or 30 pounds more than the none region player. The days when you were charged silly money for that all region ability are long gone.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Region free players are easy to get and are usually only 20 or 30 pounds more than the none region player. The days when you were charged silly money for that all region ability are long gone.
This is a solution, but it limits how much I can share movies with other friends. I like being able to recommend a great one and then loan it (not in the steelbook case!), but if it's another region, none of my friends is going to be able to watch it.

Reactions: digitalbabe

Who cares about other people. I buy films for me to enjoy not other people. I don't know anyone who lends out their film collection to other people. I might go round to a mates house once in a blue moon and they would put on a film but I don't know anyone who lends their collection to others. Certainly not in my part of the world.