A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine today too. Hmmm... Maybe these FullSlips that shipped first are in fact faulty, and Manta forgot to apply the finish to them???!!! :wtf:

Ngl, that was my first thought when I see it. Lol

I’ve made a mad decision in choice of slip with my last 2 manta purchases. Let’s hope I don’t hit a triple with se7en

What did you go for @Flloydo ? Maybe I should have gone with the palm tree Lenti lol :rolleyes:

Well my first mistake was first man. Lenti is great but I much prefer the 4K full slip and it’s better than the beauty shot

And full slip with this. Yeah I’m thinking the same with the palm trees. Not sure. I’ll wait to see this in hand

Reactions: Mickle_89 and DMD4k
Well my first mistake was first man. Lenti is great but I much prefer the 4K full slip and it’s better than the beauty shot

And full slip with this. Yeah I’m thinking the same with the palm trees. Not sure. I’ll wait to see this in hand
I've not had a proper look at mine yet, just opened the package and quickly checked it over for damage as for the first time ever I had a Manta Box arrive with a huge crush on one side. Luckily all looks well, haven't opened it yet but the slip certainly looks underwhelming for sure. That scratch resistant coating is basically the finish with a spot glossed title :meh: Steelbook will be star of the show, but it will be interesting to see the other slips and if i made the right choice (probably didn't lol). Chose wrong for Nice Guys Kimchi and now this :facepalm: Hopefully Se7en DL turns out to be a cracker or I may as well give up now :offtopic:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Flloydo
What did you go for @Flloydo ? Maybe I should have gone with the palm tree Lenti lol :rolleyes:
I always thought that was the best slip. Love the image. For me, the Full Slip was always the weakest images. I’m only basing this on the images they used and not whether it’s a lenti or what the finish of the full slip is.

If I could change one t Hong, I’d remove the quote on the back. Don’t need it. But it’s all good, because the front has the image I’ve wanted since the movie was released (earlier if that was on a poster).
I wouldn't change any thongs :p Like 'em as they are.
But I agree that the quote on the back wasn't needed. Still, it's a beaut'.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
A friendly one. Don't recall the actual number. You're fine.

Thanks, I actually found some old package in the attic so I check....

Btw the fullslip is so dull, glad I went with lenti, you can never go wrong with Manta lenti :) still not sure If I keep it though, I don´t think I will ever watch this movie again....steelbook is a killer as always though Manta steels=:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Reactions: DMD4k
Got mine today as well, would have taken some pics but @poldergal covers everything with his. The Steelbook itself is a nice but the slip is crying out for some spot gloss on the actors themselves as just covering the entire thing in the scratch resistant coating and nothing else leaves a very unfinished feel to it all. Very surprised at Manta for this as you can usually predict how their FS's will turn out

I'd be interested to know what ML are having reprinted because the front of my booklet is all scratched to hell so I wonder if others are as well? Not sure I care enough to do anything about it though

Reactions: DMD4k
I was hoping manta would have used images that had not been used by the others the back of the steel book should have been used at the front of it like the encore cover slip, and the same images being used for the photo cards was a bit of a let down aswell

I was hoping manta would have used images that had not been used by the others the back of the steel book should have been used at the front of it like the encore cover slip, and the same images being used for the photo cards was a bit of a let down aswell

What same image on what photocards?

Not one image is repeated in this package. Even the image on the back of the character cards is a different picture to the back and front of the steelbook