'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' - In theaters June 22, 2012

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
abelincolnvamp-fin.jpg

[media=youtube]34x6m-ahGIo[/media]

Twentieth Century Fox has won a bloody bidding war for the bigscreen adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith's "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," with Timur Bekmambetov set to direct from an adapted script by Grahame-Smith.
Tim Burton is producing the 3D film with Bekmambetov and Jim Lemley. Pic's budget is estimated at $69 million.

Fox will begin pre-production immediately and is planning a 2012 release, according to insiders.

Fox went all out to win rights to the project, giving a detailed pitch for the film's production, marketing and release.

Studio higher-ups didn't stop there.

When the filmmakers entered the Fox lot, they were greeted by a huge banner, plus parking signs stating: “Parking for Vampire Hunters Only, Park at your own risk."

Next there were bloody footprints lining the walkway and steps leading from their cars to the meeting with Fox co-chairs Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman and prexy of production Emma Watts.

Posters lining the hallway of the executive building showed images from the book and lines from the script, while there were silver bullets in a bowl at the check-in desk.

The showmanship continued. Bloody axes were strewn about and a bugle player with a Confederate uniform played "Taps."

Fox has relationships with both filmmakers; studio released Bekmambetov's 2004 "Night Watch," which introduced the Russian director to audiences worldwide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it and believe it or not ... it was actually quite good. The Abe realism was also incredible and they could have just made a movie about Abe but the vampire stuff was a nice touch. It was really cool how it all tied in ... I will buy it on blu-ray, so that says a lot in my eyes. Hoping for a steelbook.

I will most likely end up buying it aswell, the first half of the film i thought was awesome the fighting scenes were good and hes bad ass with the axe, but the second half i dunno i just couldnt enjoy it i kept thinking he looked ridiculous lol. The bit with the train aswell when they were jumping from car to car while it was falling was ridiculous. It just seemed like it was trying to be a bigger movie than it was. I like the way it ended though in the bar! Wreck knows what im talking about!!!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

What was timur , I didnt check into it much ... thought burton directed ... perhaps he only produced ... I just saw his name when leaving theater.

Yeah Timur Bekmambetov directed and Burton produced. If burton directed Johnny Depp would of been in there somewhere :hilarious:

What was timur , I didnt check into it much ... thought burton directed ... perhaps he only produced ... I just saw his name when leaving theater.
Timur directed and Burton produced. When you watch the featurette, Burton speaks very highly of him.