'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' - In theaters June 22, 2012

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
abelincolnvamp-fin.jpg

[media=youtube]34x6m-ahGIo[/media]

Twentieth Century Fox has won a bloody bidding war for the bigscreen adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith's "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," with Timur Bekmambetov set to direct from an adapted script by Grahame-Smith.
Tim Burton is producing the 3D film with Bekmambetov and Jim Lemley. Pic's budget is estimated at $69 million.

Fox will begin pre-production immediately and is planning a 2012 release, according to insiders.

Fox went all out to win rights to the project, giving a detailed pitch for the film's production, marketing and release.

Studio higher-ups didn't stop there.

When the filmmakers entered the Fox lot, they were greeted by a huge banner, plus parking signs stating: “Parking for Vampire Hunters Only, Park at your own risk."

Next there were bloody footprints lining the walkway and steps leading from their cars to the meeting with Fox co-chairs Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman and prexy of production Emma Watts.

Posters lining the hallway of the executive building showed images from the book and lines from the script, while there were silver bullets in a bowl at the check-in desk.

The showmanship continued. Bloody axes were strewn about and a bugle player with a Confederate uniform played "Taps."

Fox has relationships with both filmmakers; studio released Bekmambetov's 2004 "Night Watch," which introduced the Russian director to audiences worldwide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent Reznor In Talks To Score AND Star In Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

After winning the Oscar for his score to The Social Network, it looks like Trent Reznor is being sought after, especially by 20th Century Fox.

The studio is currently in talks with Reznor to both compose the score for AND star in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter as Jack Barts, "the vampire who...

kills Lincoln’s mother and sets the hero on his path of righteous vengeance."

It would appear that Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor won’t be appearing in, or scoring, the upcoming film adaptation of “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter“, despite his previous comments to the contrary.

A newly made post by Reznor over at the official Nine Inch Nails forums reads as follows:

“Don’t believe everything you read. As it turns out, I WON’T be working on (acting or scoring) ALVH after all. There’s no juicy story here, it’s just that when the news mysteriously leaked out about my involvement I hadn’t made up my mind completely, because various aspects of the project were changing.

I felt the need to say something earlier this week because my inbox was filling up with speculation, and at that moment I thought I would be doing it. Confused yet? Apparently I am.

Bottom line, I wish them the best with the film and I’m sure it will still be great.

Also, in all the excitement of the last note I forgot to mention we’re still fully engaged with the Year Zero mini-series, writing away.”

disappointing

When I first saw the trailer in the theater, I LOL'ed. But, yeah, I'm probably going to watch it anyway. I mean, Abe Lincoln; vampire hunter. What can go wrong?

Anybody else seen this here? Read some reviews for this and most of them seemed to be saying the same thing that it was awful but i thought i would watch it anyway. I thought it was good for the first half of the film, its over the top and some of it is ridiculous but i was enjoying it. And then all of a sudden he becomes president and the film just lost the plot, hes like 60 years old and hes swinging a axe around like a madman beheading vampires and it just got awful! Was curious to see if anyone else had seen it and what they thought???

Anybody else seen this here? Read some reviews for this and most of them seemed to be saying the same thing that it was awful but i thought i would watch it anyway. I thought it was good for the first half of the film, its over the top and some of it is ridiculous but i was enjoying it. And then all of a sudden he becomes president and the film just lost the plot, hes like 60 years old and hes swinging a axe around like a madman beheading vampires and it just got awful! Was curious to see if anyone else had seen it and what they thought???

I saw it and believe it or not ... it was actually quite good. The Abe realism was also incredible and they could have just made a movie about Abe but the vampire stuff was a nice touch. It was really cool how it all tied in ... I will buy it on blu-ray, so that says a lot in my eyes. Hoping for a steelbook.

Saw the trailer, thought it looked ridiculous tbh. Will avoid unless I hear anything that suggests I'm missing out

I too thought this looked sooooo stupid at first ... people laughed at the trailer in theaters ... but, it was actually pretty damn cool and fun. I think the only reason this wasnt a flop was because Tim Burton was behind it. He made it really good!

What was timur , I didnt check into it much ... thought burton directed ... perhaps he only produced ... I just saw his name when leaving theater.