Akira (Blu-ray SteelBook) (I've Entertainment) (KimchiDVD Collection #16) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 3, 2020
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenticular B - One Click (Pre-order November 27 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (Full Slip A1) - $38.99 (Full Slip A2) - $39.99 (Lenticular B) - $125 (One Click)

74624059_2698531177040749_668475105155743744_o.jpg 75453427_2698531263707407_2874339586480275456_o.jpg 73513522_2698531317040735_9078177776900505600_o.jpg 74674390_2698531423707391_670857875702153216_o-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you gents, not gonna bother ordering the lenti that's listed on eBay in that case, €100 is an absurd price when its not even numbered.
It will be numbered, just won't have the round "Kimchi Exclusive" sticker on the front, so no biggie at all IMO. It's an I'VE Entertainment product, Kimchi just sold it. And AFAIK, none had a numbered card either, fyi.

It was just a question. I'd forgotten that there are still elitist collectors that look down their noses at others. Precisely the reason I got out of the premium collecting game in the first place.

you asked a question and got an answer in gif form. Harmless

Reactions: milky
Maybe if this info is of help, @Nightbreed1984 , I put up my copy on eBay last month at $89 + $15 shipping and it was taken. wdpung is selling at $99.90 inclusive shipping, so it's less. By the look of it, if his copy is sold, then it might be very tough to find another until someone decides to cash out his copy.

I use the same name real*steel on eBay so that ninjas interested in my listings can just contact me here to deal without the hefty eBay fees.

It will be numbered, just won't have the round "Kimchi Exclusive" sticker on the front, so no biggie at all IMO. It's an I'VE Entertainment product, Kimchi just sold it. And AFAIK, none had a numbered card either, fyi.

my copy has a card ...it seems you have a bootleg :naughty:

fun aside ...no Kimchi sticker ...that's all

May have overreacted slightly earlier (got an email from work that annoyed me so I think I was just a tad moody).

With it just missing the "Kimchi Exclusive" sticker, I can live with that. I cut them off the shrink-wrap & tuck them away in the steelbook anyway, so it missing it won't be an issue.
Ordered the lenti from wdpung! Hopefully it'll actually ship to me now as I think there's restrictions in place with post from Korea to Ireland.

It was just a question. I'd forgotten that there are still elitist collectors that look down their noses at others. Precisely the reason I got out of the premium collecting game in the first place.
Unless comments have been purged I don't see anything like that? BTW it's sad to see one going for this reason. If you like what you're doing just screw them and keep doing it ;)

Reactions: Nightbreed1984
Got a message from wdpung on eBay.
It can't be shipped to me due to shipping restrictions but I think he's gonna hold it till the restrictions are lifted & then ship it.
I'm not in a rush for it so I'm thankful he can do this & not just cancel the order outright.

Hi everyone! I used to be on here as a different name years ago when money and living situations were kind to me. Alas the last steelbook I have bought must have been at least 2 years ago. Premiums that is.

Anyway just wanted to make sure everyone's doing ok and also to commend those who got this cus it is SEXY! I have the manga boxset and this would display wonderfully with it. A badass design for one of anime's finest. If we get through this (work at a theatre so I've been jobless for weeks, I miss you families so much) this at any price and The Wailing are two steels I'll definitely splurge on. Stay safe!
Welcome back. Curious of your prior name to see if i remember you...

Reactions: dfoles
For those that dont want to overpay and want something similar. Granted no steelbook....

Slipbox - Akira (Blu-ray Slipbox) (I've Exclusive) [Korea] they are now releasing their criterion case (scanavo case) full slip edition. It likely fits a steelbook as slips that fit criterions most often always do.

Point being could get tthis, and if you want a steelbook just buy one of the other steel editions from elsewhere and pop it in. Akira has had some great steels and even the viva case tho that one is crazy embossed and i bet wouldnt fit inside because of it.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Don't suppose anyone can confirm whether the 5.1 JP track on this disc is the 2009 mix or the 2019 mix can they please?

I was assuming it was the older 2009 mix, but seeing as the 2019 mix is on the blu-ray in the 4K set I've Entertainment also released in Japan 4 months later, I guess it could be either..

still gutted i missed this
have the silver UK version but after seeing the 4k release in cinemas last year, I wish for a premium lenti all the more

one day

still gutted i missed this
have the silver UK version but after seeing the 4k release in cinemas last year, I wish for a premium lenti all the more

one day
I got mine a few days ago, and I love it. Thoroughly recommended it if you can find one at a good price! Add the 4K disc in for good measure, just make sure it's not the UK or US releases as the audio mix is disappointing to say the least..