Alien Anthology (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: June 4th, 2012
Purchase link: Alien Anthology
Price: £19.99 (original price)
Notes: G2/Blu-ray sized SBs, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or certs printed on the covers. Limited to 4,000 of each and priced very favourably!!!

30899713_700x700min_1.jpg

30899713_700x700min_2.jpg

30899713_700x700min_3.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to dwt1982 and Prometheus):

Exclusive HDN News (You heard it here first!) :scat::drool::drool:
Alien Anthology.jpg

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 9,770
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 499
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
I know DB is gonna give me hell for this, lol, but I haven't seen any of the 4 movies... Im wondering if I will like them and if this is worth a blind a buy ?

Hmmm.... I mean the directors on the first three are pretty damn impressive... Ridley Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher....

ML-the Alien Anthology in the regular Amaray box for the UK was region free, so I am assuming these are, too. Won't know for sure until someone receives though...

Steel-no, I won't...nonsense....there are always films any one of us has not seen yet. If you're not sure, just rent them first, then decide. Good luck!:)

Reactions: mllNY
Oh man Steel, are you in for a treat. These movies are bad-ass! :drool:

Steel-no, I won't...nonsense....there are always films any one of us has not seen yet. If you're not sure, just rent them first, then decide. Good luck!:)

^^^ I think I might just watch them first and see if I like them. I mean the first one was released in 1979, lol, 8 years before I was even born. They must have been awesome movies though for their time as all I ever hear are rave reviews. Apparently the 4th one wasn't that great ?

Either way... 20GBP for 4 blu's in a steelbook thats pretty cheap.

Hey Steel-yeah, don't let the year 'Alien' was released scare you. Ridley Scott and all involved achieved an amazing look and anxiety level for that 1st film, and it continues to be modeled by other sci-fi and horror flicks that came way after. For me, I loved 'Alien' and 'Aliens'. Alien 3 looked amazing (I just loved the style in which it was shot...very 'cinematic' , but was a disaster on several levels. # 4 was my least favorite, though it was funny to see the 'heroine' resurrected in the matter they chose. I always think it's best to try to appreciate film history (and I was 3 when 'Alien' was released), so I saw it way after, too. And...you can always trade the Steelbook if you don't like it. Or, just rent the movies first, if you're concerned. Tastes vary widely...don't be afraid to try something new-all film today is the result of masters like Scott, Cameron, and all amazing directors of today and years past, imo.

Last edited:
Hey Steel-yeah, don't let the year 'Alien' was released scare you. Ridley Scott and all involved achieved an amazing look and anxiety level for that 1st film, and it continues to be modeled by other sci-fi and horror flicks that came way after. For me, I loved 'Alien' and 'Aliens'. Alien 3 looked amazing (I just loved the style in which it was shot...very 'cinematic' , but was a disaster on several levels. # 4 was my least favorite, though it was funny to see the 'heroine' resurrected in the matter they chose. I always think it's best to try to appreciate film history (and I was 3 when 'Alien' was released), so I saw it way after, too. And...you can always trade the Steelbook if you don't like it. Or, just rent the movies first, if you're concerned. Tastes vary widely...don't be afraid to try something new-all film today is the result of masters like Scott, Cameron, and all amazing directors of today and years past, imo.

cool. thanks for the reply. No doubt about it those three directors have heavily influenced way films are made today in this genre. I will get this anthology and check it out. :)

Cant wait for Prometheus this summer too.

Would look nice next to my Japanese DVD Ultimate Japanese Editions :naughty:

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

:ordered: £19.99, link :oohyeah: