Alien Anthology (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: June 4th, 2012
Purchase link: Alien Anthology
Price: £19.99 (original price)
Notes: G2/Blu-ray sized SBs, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or certs printed on the covers. Limited to 4,000 of each and priced very favourably!!!

30899713_700x700min_1.jpg

30899713_700x700min_2.jpg

30899713_700x700min_3.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to dwt1982 and Prometheus):

Exclusive HDN News (You heard it here first!) :scat::drool::drool:
Alien Anthology.jpg

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 9,774
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 504
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 427
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 408
Last edited by a moderator:
Regular G2's can only hold 3 discs. So it would have to either be a G1, or a jumbo G2 like the German Jurassic Park Trilogy. Since both G1s, and G2 jumbos can hold 6 discs, you'd have thought they'd have included the 2 extras discs as well though.

I'm pretty sure that's what i said?

Hasnt it also been confirmed that this will be G2?

Until a further announcement is made, its all guess work

Fingers crossed

I'm pretty sure that's what i said?

Hasnt it also been confirmed that this will be G2?

Until a further announcement is made, its all guess work

Here's hoping it will be a 6 disc jumbo G2 and not a 4 disc G1! That way I can sell on my still sealed Blu-Ray 6 disc-er as I don't want to part with it atm due to the 2 additional discs.

Maybe that was the plan all along...EEK!

Guys-as far as we have been told all of the Steels in the UK wave are G2's. We will post more info once available. There will be 4 discs in this set-movies only.

Reactions: Prometheus
DB has not gotten any sleep since this has been revealed. She is setting up a seperate room for Alien, like an expectant mother

Reactions: WKRP
Me neither! Still happy with the UK boxset with that beautiful art, but what if i'm letting this steelbook slip away and it is sold out in no time :drool:
*says goodbye to a summer holiday* :(

Ok, just to put minds at ease ... I have confirmed that a G2 is capable of holding 4 discs.

I didnt bother to ask if this is a "new" thing, but the point is it can hold 4 discs as of now.

Logically, I've always thought this was possible ... If you got two 2 disc holders on each side they wouldnt fit as they center holder would mash together however if you flipped one (ie. created a new plastic insert with them in reverse of each other) then it should close just fine. (my theory)

are the discs region free?

got the answer:
Alien Anthology in the regular Amaray box for the UK was region free, so I am assuming these are, too. Won't know for sure until someone receives though...

Last edited: