Alien Anthology (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: June 4th, 2012
Purchase link: Alien Anthology
Price: £19.99 (original price)
Notes: G2/Blu-ray sized SBs, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or certs printed on the covers. Limited to 4,000 of each and priced very favourably!!!

30899713_700x700min_1.jpg

30899713_700x700min_2.jpg

30899713_700x700min_3.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to dwt1982 and Prometheus):

Exclusive HDN News (You heard it here first!) :scat::drool::drool:
Alien Anthology.jpg

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 9,778
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 427
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 409
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finding it very hard to pick a favourite out of this wave but will definitely be adding a couple of these to my collection. Especially with the news that they will be well packaged from Play too! :oohyeah:

I.CAN'T.WAIT.FOR.THIS.ONE. Hopefully we will also see 4 separate Steels in the future for this series! :scat: Maybe with the queen stretched out over all 4 covers-when put together the one image would fit perfectly. YUM!

It has been a long wait but this is one of the SB I am very much looking forward to in the summer. I just hope it lives upto expectations.

I think I'll wait for some in-hands pics just to be sure it's not a Jumbo ,better safe than sorry ,right guys ?:)

I think I'll wait for some in-hands pics just to be sure it's not a Jumbo ,better safe than sorry ,right guys ?:)

If you would like to wait and its sold out and then pay higher price on ebay, sure. ;)

Or... just know its confirmed g2 ;)

Reactions: digitalbabe

The interest in this one is huge and is very likely to go OOP very fast, so for £19.99 it would be worth the punt on at least one copy

Wreck has been wrong about very little recently (if ever) and if he has confirmed it as a G2 then that's as good as gospel for me!!

You'll definitely kick yourself if you don't pick one up at the current price

I agree with the guys, if you have a slight interest in these movies let alone the steelbook go for it now or never (well unless you wanna pay double on ebay/forums) ;)

In this case I think it's the other way round bud, better safe 'if you get it now' than sorry 'later when it's OOP' :p

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I have never seen a jumbo. Why does everybody hate them?
Nothing wrong really (just big fat compared to normal size steelbook), check the crazy prices of Up & Monsters Inc. :naughty:

I agree with the guys, if you have a slight interest in these movies let alone the steelbook go for it now or never (well unless you wanna pay double on ebay/forums) ;)

In this case I think it's the other way round bud, better safe 'if you get it now' than sorry 'later when it's OOP' :p

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Nothing wrong really (just big fat compared to normal size steelbook), check the crazy prices of Up & Monsters Inc. :naughty:

I know but the thing is that I already own the Alien Anthology (Alien statue edition) ,I think I'll PO it ...

I have never seen a jumbo. Why does everybody hate them?

Well you can get good ones (UP, Monsters Inc or Das Boot) or you can get crap ones which seem very plasticky (even though they are the same) like Milos Forman Collection (was ludicrous putting in Jumbo anyway imo) or even dare I say it Doctor Who. And they're, well, BIG !!!

Couldn't care what this looks like though, at least thanks to Wreck we know it's G2.

Last edited:
iPaul-any info posted by Wreck is confirmed via direct sources. Studios dictate the final art/release and could change their mind, but rest assured any info we receive and are able to post, will be shared in threads. Welcome to the site! :scat:

Reactions: jitstark
I still think it might have to be a tiny bit thicker than a normal G2. Maybe only 1mm. Or, the swing tray will have to be razor thin, with very very shallow disc holders for all 4 discs.

I'm almost as interested to see the plastic interior as I am the steelbook itself.