Zavvi.com
Base.com

The Alien series:
Alien || Aliens || Alien 3 || Alien Resurrection

10910069-1391679925-955889.jpg

10910069-1391679925-955925.jpg

10910069-1391679925-955877.jpg

Actual pictures-thanks ricster!

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

sBZODPq.jpg

sd10PaA.jpg

A2s70er.jpg

96f13OE.jpg

YK2XWmJ.jpg

wSycqTz.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

ylR77OV.jpg

JE0qbRT.jpg

THIFKea.jpg

VlK3nTr.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

bPnTFzm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's not even dispatched yet, release date's not until the 14th though.

Saw these at work (Alien and Alien3). Both look alright. Debossing slightly out of line on one of the Alien steelbooks. £19.99 for a back catalogue title though? Ridiculous...I paid under a fiver for that disc (Alien).

Reactions: kron
What's the point in buying Alien and Aliens steelbook seperate when you can get a beautiful steelbook with all four films.

Because there are loads of people like me of loathe Alien 3 and don't it anywhere near their collection so the 3 steelbooks are an excellent to pick up the 3 we do want.

Reactions: Jay37 and lgans316
I'd much rather own this steelbook than the quad steelbook. I really don't like the artwork that much and the sequels are dismal. My sentiments are the same for the Spider-man trilogy steelbook.

Saw these at work (Alien and Alien3). Both look alright. Debossing slightly out of line on one of the Alien steelbooks. £19.99 for a back catalogue title though? Ridiculous...I paid under a fiver for that disc (Alien).

Wait... debossing?? so it's debossed? EEK!

I'd much rather own this steelbook than the quad steelbook. I really don't like the artwork that much and the sequels are dismal. My sentiments are the same for the Spider-man trilogy steelbook.

I duuno man if ure a big fan of the 1st movie like i am, conveniently having all the sequels in the same steelbook feels like a pretty nice set of extended bonus discs, even if they are all inferior to the 1st film :movie:

…also callin the sequels "dismal" is takin it a bit too far imo ...for example i find Resurrection if nothing else, incredibly pleasing to look at visually ..i love its sci fi imagery and atmosphere particularly at the start ...the colurs, lighting & reflections in Resurrection really are quite a treat if nothin else.. Winona Rder is also most pleasing in this, thanx to those big dark eyes of hers :thumbs:

Reactions: bigrob and kron
I duuno man if ure a big fan of the 1st movie like i am, conveniently having all the sequels in the same steelbook feels like a pretty nice set of extended bonus discs, even if they are all inferior to the 1st film :movie:

…also callin the sequels "dismal" is takin it a bit too far imo ...for example i find Resurrection if nothing else, incredibly pleasing to look at visually ..i love its sci fi imagery and atmosphere particularly at the start ...the colurs, lighting & reflections in Resurrection really are quite a treat if nothin else.. Winona Rder is also most pleasing in this, thanx to those big dark eyes of hers :thumbs:

Perhaps I did go a bit overboard then. Alien 3 takes the biscuit for some in terms of the quality diminishing, even by fans of the franchise it's often hailed the worst. Then again, I know that some people find enjoyment in these films and that there's an established market for them...

Sorry mods, I know I'm stepping into IMDb-esque rant territory here.

Reactions: SaberTooth
^^ When i watched them all back in 2012, part 3 was obviously the worst out of the whole set imo, but within the context of an Alien movie marathon it was ok i think ...maybe some decent suspense elements for example ...i watched the assembly cut, next time i will watch standard version and maybe its better :cool:

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Wait... debossing?? so it's debossed? EEK!

On the 'Alien' title definitely yeah. I'll double check for Alien 3 as I only saw them briefly but the original film is. Pics probably wouldn't do justice as they're security tagged at HMV already and you can't really see through the thick tape. But yeah, just to confirm this one is debossed (and it's the best Alien film too by a long way).

Details, details! :ohno::ohno::ohno:
Looks like they're embossed - pics are up of the Alien 3 steelbook in the other thread.

Shame they didn't make it match Aliens even debossing it would have been better. Still I'm looking forward to getting Alien in a steelbook :D

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

On the 'Alien' title definitely yeah. I'll double check for Alien 3 as I only saw them briefly but the original film is. Pics probably wouldn't do justice as they're security tagged at HMV already and you can't really see through the thick tape. But yeah, just to confirm this one is debossed (and it's the best Alien film too by a long way).
Alien 3 is embossed title with usual border. So Alien is debossed? you sure.. wow