Release date: July 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12039779-5364680498964815.jpg

12039779-2014680499031421.jpg
12039779-9784680498790953.jpg
12039779-1264647860535837.jpg

Last edited:
First I've heard of that... what's the issue exactly?
I think it's a company called Epic Stone Group

Apparently they've had rights to the 'Battle Angel' name for over 10 years and used it to sell toys and action figures and more recently added the trademark to films and programmes (from what I've read)

No doubt it'll significantly delay the retail release

Reactions: Noodles
I know all regular editions have been pulled from Amazon here in the US, I think it's only a matter of time before this edition gets pulled from my Zavvi account but as of now it's still showing as 'Processing'.

I think it's a company called Epic Stone Group

Apparently they've had rights to the 'Battle Angel' name for over 10 years and used it to sell toys and action figures and more recently added the trademark to films and programmes (from what I've read)

No doubt it'll significantly delay the retail release
Wow, surprising Fox didn't do their research beforehand then... or maybe they did but simply didn't care, since it's Disney who will have to deal with it now lol.

Wow, surprising Fox didn't do their research beforehand then... or maybe they did but simply didn't care, since it's Disney who will have to deal with it now lol.
That's another thing I read. Fox got the rights in Japan but the rights are territorial so don't transfer to America

They were in talks with Epic Stone Group for years but didn't come to an agreement. Yet they went ahead anyway

That's another thing I read. Fox got the rights in Japan but the rights are territorial so don't transfer to America

They were in talks with Epic Stone Group for years but didn't come to an agreement. Yet they went ahead anyway
Personally I don't know why they didn't just call it Alita... they obviously would've avoided all this then.

Personally I don't know why they didn't just call it Alita... they obviously would've avoided all this then.
I agree. Battle Angel does have a nice ring to it but just 'Alita' would've been perfectly fine

I wonder if they'll pay up or change the retail release by removing the subtitle. I just hope they resolve it soon

Absolutely loved the film at the cinema and I'm dying to give it another watch. Would hate to wait longer than necessary

• Thanks
Is the film not called Alita?

'Battle Angel' is just a sub title when you think about it.

Fox might get off on that technicality alone......

I don’t think it’s cancelled / delayed, here’s the UHD cover posted today (source bd.com)

D333E37E-106A-4FB7-B30C-6D9CA30D416F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
... and at the time of writing 3 editions available to order from EZYDVD (Australia):-
1555099911624.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The manga started in 1990, the anime came out in 93 and James Cameron has been talking about wanting to make a live action version since around the release of Titanic. This other company trademarked the name of a pre-existing property in 2009, I don't understand why this hasn't been thrown out of court already.

I agree. Battle Angel does have a nice ring to it but just 'Alita' would've been perfectly fine

I wonder if they'll pay up or change the retail release by removing the subtitle. I just hope they resolve it soon

Absolutely loved the film at the cinema and I'm dying to give it another watch. Would hate to wait longer than necessary
I haven't even seen it once yet, but can't wait to!

Amazon UK are listing USA import and Third Party listing releases
The listings with SK in title even though has amazon UK as the seller is third party listing similar to what happens with Disney steelbook you often see listed

Official UK release listings for 4K/Blu-ray/DVD with BBFC age rating is still listed as unavailable on Amazon UK

Zavvi don't have any 4K/Blu-ray/DVD listings on their website any more

Is it only the UK then? Zavvi DE still has it.
Zavvi DE don't have it listed

Previous purchase links don't count unless it's still available to purchase

Do a search on any of the Zavvi website country variants you won't find any listings for 4K or Blu-ray or DVD

my Zavvi Germany order is still in process...
View attachment 422336
That's an existing order you done not a search on Zavvi website

Do a search on Zavvi website you won't find any listings for Alita: Battle Angel for Blu-ray or DVD or UHD

Zavvi don't have any active listings for Amaray releases UHD or Blu-ray or DVD
Amazon UK listings active to purchase are Import and third party listings

Previous official UK releases UHD/Blu-ray/DVD on Amazon UK with artwork and with BBFC age ratings are unavailable to purchase
These listings was previously live to order but a few days later changed to unavailable

The same happened on Zavvi the listings vanished from their website a few days after going live for UHD/Blu-ray/DVD