Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how i received my Start Trek Into Darkness steel today.

Came in a pizza box type package about 3 inches thick, steelbook held by a plastic sheet to the box.

I was worried since i did not select the gift option and only bought 1 item.

Arrived OCD mint. :LOL:

20140108_181319_zps4ea96a36.jpg

20140108_181339_zps6148117e.jpg

Thought that myself but kept it quite lol

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Have ordered plenty from amazon.jp and as long as you use the gift wrap service they come seperatly wrapped and in a box, usually a very big box! Never had any problems doing it this way.

Have ordered the 2 steels with gift wrap so fingers crossed they arrive in perfect condition and hopefully not get hammered by import taxes lol

Have ordered the 2 steels with gift wrap so fingers crossed they arrive in perfect condition and hopefully not get hammered by import taxes lol

I'd be amazed if Amazon haven't already charged you the VAT upfront. They seem to do it for all UK orders irrespective of the value.

Just had delivery of Impossible. Totally destroyed again due to their stupid packaging. Looks like its been run over with a truck AGAIN.

cQ3WZp3.png

g7rHgzi.jpg

Q1ubCH8.jpg

1FFsK8Q.jpg

XvMymRH.jpg

svUAXVH.jpg

Ric did you choose the gift wrap option when you ordered so they send it in a box? Although those boxes are not the strongest from amazon.jp it's still better than a padded envelope.

Ric did you choose the gift wrap option when you ordered so they send it in a box? Although those boxes are not the strongest from amazon.jp it's still better than a padded envelope.

It was part of a bigger order. I ordered a total of 5 items altogether, all in stock. They decided to ship in 3 packages. 1, 1 and 3.

My bullet in the head arrived dented on Friday in the same stupid envelope. I never order single items. Usually they are shrinkwrapped to cardboard inside a bigger box and they arrive in good condition. These envelopes suck.

Now I'll just get £11 back but I dont want £11 back I want Impossible in mint condition. Makes you wonder if it was dented before they sent it.

Did you have gift wrap on each item?

Never had that with amazon.jp. They always send all the items in one box unless one of my items is a pre order then that ships later but has always come in it's own box....Sorry to see the damage ric!
That padded envelope is NOT ever going to protect a steelbook for International shipping....:ohno:

No I didnt do gift wrap. I did gift wrap for the first time a couple of weeks ago and DHL charged me 5300 yen for costs and 5300 yen for shipping inc gift wrap, even though it was 2800 yen for goods and 2500 yen for shipping and 150 yen for gift wrap. Because there was no invoice in the box they said I was pretty much screwed.

Ah...That's why you got the envelopes. Gift wrap always comes in a box even for a single item.

I personally will never ship anything from Amazon.jp without adding the Gift Wrap to each item in my order....;)

With DHL only once have they tried to charge me import duty since amazon.jp started including that cost in the final price. That was also easily fixed with the instant chat facility on amazon.jp. I was able to tell them what DHL were trying to do. And they told me to refuse the package as they would contact them to show I had already paid the import fee upfront....
Got a call later the same day from DHL to say there would be No charges to pay as they had been contacted by Amazon.jp and the package would be delivered the next day.
I think with DHL they try it on sometimes thinking you will just pay and ask questions later!!
But always I have found all you need to do is explain to Amazon.jp what DHL are trying to do and they sort it for you....ASAP

Bad luck ric with this and that other order. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: blumaster
Received The Impossible a few weeks back. I chose the gift option as well, which wasn't really too expensive. It arrived in perfect condition and was packaged very professionally. Was very, very impressed! Definitely the way to go if ordering overseas.

It is possible that they changed the packing of the Gift Option?! The last steels i got in January got a massive box including the giftpacking. Now i received Ted and get a much small and thiner box?!