Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Protec
Personally, I've ordered from them around 35 or 40 times, and every shipment was well-packed. In fact, they're the only Amazon that packs things safely. I've never received anything with the slightest damage from them.
You will find many tales of woe in the retailer thread about amazon japan's often inadequate packing. My personal experience has been variable. The only amazon that has great packaging every single time is Germany and not Japan.

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
You will find many tales of woe in the retailer thread about amazon japan's often inadequate packing. My personal experience has been variable. The only amazon that has great packaging every single time is Germany and not Japan.

Whoa, I don't know what German Amazon you're ordering from, but I've ordered from them at least 30 times, and on every single order they just threw all of the items in a box, loose, with nothing but one pathetic air pillow for "protection." I've had to return about one third of all the items I've received from them for replacements or refunds. Maybe they use different packing methods or ship from a different warehouse for people in the UK (I think that's where you are?), but for people in the States, their packaging is sh*t. I've stopped ordering anything from them that can be dented (steelbooks, digibooks, digipacks, etc.).

Last edited:
Whoa, I don't know what German Amazon you're ordering from, but I've ordered from them at least 30 times, and on every single order they just threw all of the items in a box, loose, with nothing but one pathetic air pillow for "protection." I've had to return about one third of all the items I've received from them for replacements or refunds. Maybe they use different packing methods or ship from a different warehouse for people in the UK (I think that's where you are?), but for people in the States, their packaging is sh*t. I've stopped ordering anything from them that can be dented (steelbooks, digibooks, digipacks, etc.).
Don't want to derail the thread but again I think you will find most people's experience is very different from yours

Okay, I admit it. You nailed me. I'm lying about my personal experience for no apparent reason:rolleyes:.

The guy asked a question, and I told him my experience. Is that okay with you?
Where did I say that you were lying or I didn't believe you. I said most people (not all) have a different experience to yours. If you had good experience with Japan and bad experience with Germany then that is what it is (ie your experience) It is you who seems to have a problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: adarkcorner
Thank's mate, although just used the currency converter, it's £46 and that's before shipping.

Unfortunately, I always end up paying around $20 more purchasing from Amazon JP than I would purchasing elsewhere. Not only are the products more expensive but so is the shipping. The flip side is that shipping from Amazon JP to the US is much faster (weeks faster) than ordering from the U.K. or Europe and your shipment will be packaged more securely with better protection. Also, Japanese releases are Region A which I prefer when possible. I have a multi-region player but when it went kaput earlier this year there were many blu-rays I couldn't watch because they were Region B locked. I learned the hard way that peace of mind can make paying a little extra worth while.

My Amazon JP Lone Survivor Steelbook came in a slimline cardboard box a little bit bigger than Amazon UK boxes.

No gift wrapping marked on mine. I hope my next JP order comes like this. Very impressive service.
Do Amazon Japan still pack steelbooks like this I take better than most retailers for steels, I have had bigger editions packed in bigger box but similar to above but not steelbooks I take pretty safe packing then.