Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
A few others arrived 2 days ago I'm happy to finally receive; :happy:
- Mob Psycho 100 (1)
- Promare (Steel)
- Disappearance of Haruhi

1590248662217.png

I Thought I had posted these ones already but I guess not ...;)

- Blue Exorcist (Manga Ent. R-B ed.)
- Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga 1 & 2 (same)
- Melancholy of Haruhi

1590248838097.png

Last edited:
Some really great pick-ups there @DudleyMan :happy:
I like ALL of them!
The AoT sets I just picked up in standard amaray, as I have a suspicion we may see a complete box-set in the future.
I do hope your S-3, P-2 arrives soon, heh. :thumbs:
Thanks, I did receive the AoT S3P2 digipak that fits it the box with part1, I just took S2 off the shelf for some reason.

Great pickups in there indeed @DudleyMan
Girl who leapt through time, wolf children, sword of the stranger, eden of the east...:thumbs:
If any of those were a blind buy, you are in for a treat!
Cheers, all 4 of those :thumbs:

Reactions: Grendel
Anime Limited announced today that they're releasing an Ultimate Edition Blu-ray set of Neon Genesis Evangelion in 2021. The End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth films will also be included in the set. I'm super hyped for this announcement, since the series and the films have been unavailable outside of Japan on Blu-ray and the DVD releases have been out of print for years. :thumbs:

101446029_2714478801997286_5223766381920518144_o.jpg

Thanks for posting the release info for NGE here @Miku :happy:
I've been absent for a while but did know about this coming.
Very excited to see the package they throw together for this!
Bear in mind folks, it will no doubt be region B discs....
if yer ain't region free yet, ya gots a year to get that way me friends before this be out in da wild!

Last edited:
Cheers @Grendel
They are both really nice, I pre-ordered Berserk months ago from Anime online, it came in a jiffy bag but was all good thankfully. Champloo I ordered the other day off Zavvi with 10% off once release date came, came in the usual white box luckily, as I hear some are receiving zavvi steels in jiffys at the moment.

I've been wondering whether to buy that Berserk steel. I had Samurai Champloo pre-ordered from Zavvi but it hasn't shown up yet. The reason why I haven't bought the Berserk steel is because I already have the 2017 digipack collector's edition and it's a really nice release too, but that steelbook is also really nice so don't really know that to do. :D

I've been wondering whether to buy that Berserk steel. I had Samurai Champloo pre-ordered from Zavvi but it hasn't shown up yet. The reason why I haven't bought the Berserk steel is because I already have the 2017 digipack collector's edition and it's a really nice release too, but that steelbook is also really nice so don't really know that to do. :D

Well if there is one series to double-dip it's this one! ❤

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
Hi Folks;
In response, @AlienKing , I ordered the Berserk and Samurai Champloo Steels from Anime -on-Line (Anime Lmtd).
Link:

My Berserk arrived (pic below) but sadly not my CS.
I've sent them a query and hopefully I get a happy ending.

Zavvi also has it.
Link:

Here's a quick pic of my latest adds;

1593046140834.jpeg

Reactions: DudleyMan
20% off promotion at amazon.uk on selected anime (Blu-ray & DVD)
Showing as 'Deal of the Day', so not sure how long this will last (sarcastic comments expected)

BTW, ordered One Piece steel from Zavvi, anyone had a despatch notice yet?

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Hi Folks;
In response, @AlienKing , I ordered the Berserk and Samurai Champloo Steels from Anime -on-Line (Anime Lmtd).
Link:

My Berserk arrived (pic below) but sadly not my CS.
I've sent them a query and hopefully I get a happy ending.

Zavvi also has it.
Thanks for the info.
Well, I was under the impression Zavvi wasnt shipping to Canada, that's why I asked. How much did Anime Online charge you for shipping Berserk?

Hi @AlienKing , @Sampy and other friends; :)
Sorry I'm a bit late responding.
Zavvi has never stopped shipping, to Canada at least, even though Amz.uk did.
I believe it was about $20 to ship to me from AnimeOnLine, for my Berserk Steel.
They say they don't have a record of receiving advance payment for Samurai Champloo, so they did not ship it.
Going through my records, it seems they are correct, I wasn't charged.
Which is fine, as I've placed an order for it via Zavvi, which still only Charges 4 quid to ship (per item).

I got the Vamp D Steel direct from Sentai, in one of my large orders.
I gotta break $200 with them to escape shipping charges, so my orders are usually large with them.
I have to admit, it's gorgeous! :happy:
It is now available at Amazon.com though;
Link;

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing and Sampy