Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @AlienKing , @Sampy and other friends; :)
Sorry I'm a bit late responding.
Zavvi has never stopped shipping, to Canada at least, even though Amz.uk did.
I believe it was about $20 to ship to me from AnimeOnLine, for my Berserk Steel.
They say they don't have a record of receiving advance payment for Samurai Champloo, so they did not ship it.
Going through my records, it seems they are correct, I wasn't charged.
Which is fine, as I've placed an order for it via Zavvi, which still only Charges 4 quid to ship (per item).

I got the Vamp D Steel direct from Sentai, in one of my large orders.
I gotta break $200 with them to escape shipping charges, so my orders are usually large with them.
I have to admit, it's gorgeous! :happy:
It is now available at Amazon.com though;
Link;
Oh no worries man. Thanks for the info. :)

Reactions: Grendel
Just wanted to quickly mention, I received Berserk Vols -4 and -5 yesterday. :happy:
The Dark Horse "Hellsing Vol-1" is also available to order.

In addition, I've taken avid interest in a few Anime Art Books as of late.
I now have a few and will submit pics of those a bit later.
I'd been very interested to hear from you folk, of any art books that you fell in love with and would recommend.
Cheers! :)

1594756130033.png

Reactions: Sampy
Wonderful looking display @Sampy :thanks:

I have not ordered Berserk Vol-6 or Hellsing Vol - 2 as yet, as I'm hoping the prices drop a wee bit more ( currently $65Cdn).
I also intend to order Blade of The Immortal Vol-1 at the same time, which has been given the same luxury treatment. :)

I also think it may be wise for me to wait until the Christmas mailing chaos has ended, as right now I think they are backed up at least a week with deliveries, heh.
I'm in no panic, I don't anticipate them selling out anytime soon ( though if folks were aware of the quality of these books, they would!).

'Gratz again Buddy!

Wonderful looking display @Sampy :thanks:

I have not ordered Berserk Vol-6 or Hellsing Vol - 2 as yet, as I'm hoping the prices drop a wee bit more ( currently $65Cdn).
I also intend to order Blade of The Immortal Vol-1 at the same time, which has been given the same luxury treatment. :)

I also think it may be wise for me to wait until the Christmas mailing chaos has ended, as right now I think they are backed up at least a week with deliveries, heh.
I'm in no panic, I don't anticipate them selling out anytime soon ( though if folks were aware of the quality of these books, they would!).

'Gratz again Buddy!

Much obliged mate. It's nice to see publishers take manga very serious with these deluxe editions. Good luck shopping and keep posting updates!

Was torn between getting the collector's edition, the steelbooks, or slips for DBZ.
Decided to go slips for the connecting spine image. Also nice box for Wicked City from HMV :drool:
20201224_164118.jpg

Gratz on the new pick-ups @DudleyMan :happy:

I've also ordered that gorgeous Wicked/Demon City CE Combo and I'm happy to see they are finally shipping!

I'm long overdue for posting some updated pics of my treasures but will wait for the Christmas chaos to settle before devoting time to that, as I have...a few, both for me and my Girls :naughty:

I scored the Funi LE of Violet Evergarden (and the film) and also have the AtA spec ed on order, though I see it has been delayed.
Too many others to list right now but pics soon!
Merry Christmas everyone! :sing:

• Thanks
Reactions: DudleyMan
Wicked City / Demon City, never heard of them, but interesting! What's different about the hmv exclusive? Thanks for sharing.
I've not watched em either, was a blind buy tbh. Think the only difference is that the hmv version has a poster instead of a booklet, and it is £10 cheaper :thumbs:

Awesome! Excellent purchases there @Sampy :thumbs:

I have yet to pull the trigger on "Promised Neverland".
Oh, I'll definitely be getting it but I'm having a hard time flipping a coin over the Aniplex ed and the AL ed (UK).
I gotta call it soon I realize...heh.

SEL: is so absolutely incredible. I only have the amaray ed myself but kudos on that sweet Dynit release!

Heh, almost forgot why I dropped by here...

I received a pretty hefty bank account bashing from the items below.

Aniplex
Demon Slayer S-1, Pts 1 + 2
via RightStuf

1610587622469.jpeg

I also received some wonderful new eds for my Girls;

- Lucky Star (set)
- Love Live Sunshine! (S-1) [found out I already bought it for them. Anyone want some Idol in their life?] :rolleyes:
- Black Clover: (S-2 complete)
- Okami-San
- Luck & Logic
- D-Frag

1610587728296.jpeg

Awesome! Excellent purchases there @Sampy :thumbs:

I have yet to pull the trigger on "Promised Neverland".
Oh, I'll definitely be getting it but I'm having a hard time flipping a coin over the Aniplex ed and the AL ed (UK).
I gotta call it soon I realize...heh.

SEL: is so absolutely incredible. I only have the amaray ed myself but kudos on that sweet Dynit release!
Thanks! Haven't seen them but heard good things. Also just ordered the Demon / Wicked City set from Zavvi (eur 31,- incl.) out of curiousity.

Btw does anybody know if there is a complete set of Parasyte the Maxim? Saw it recently and thought it was pretty excellent!

Also managed to receive some new anime, for both my Girls and for myself, heh.

1st Pic = My treasures;

View attachment 495365

2nd Pic = My Girls' treasures;

View attachment 495366

I'm a Grandpa...it's my job! :happy:
That Violet Evergarden LE is going for much higher on ebay now. Like $400-500 range. Way more than the Japanese LE. I bought the movie slip not the anime. I kinda want to even though i will probably never watch the show again.