Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @Apollon have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @Apollon with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Hi Folks;
Been away for a bit for a variety of reasons but I've still had some lovely treasures arrive.
I'll get pics of most up soon but wanted to put this one up first as it is something I've waited a year for so quite excited to finally get it.
So without further ado,
Fate: GO - Jeanne D'Arc (Alter), aka J'Alter, from TOM;

1577047678682.jpeg

1577047705673.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing and Sampy

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
^^ Beautiful collection @Sampy !
Although you don't exactly need it (though need rarely comes into play in this hobby) are you planning on picking up the Steelbook MVM is releasing in Feb. ?
Link:

:)

Reactions: Sampy
Oct 14, 2014
the Netherlands
^^ Beautiful collection @Sampy !
Although you don't exactly need it (though need rarely comes into play in this hobby) are you planning on picking up the Steelbook MVM is releasing in Feb. ?
Link:

:)
Haha thank you! And very curious how this edition will turn out so yeah I'm interested

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
^^ At least it will be the OG and not the 2016/17 eye burner...heh. :)
I've pre-ordered, as I too am a big fan of Berserk.
I have the 1st 3 eds of the Dark Horse HC Manga as well and look forward to picking them all up.
Incredible books.
I also love the statue of Guts you displayed, gorgeous!
I purchased the Figma ed (Guts in Berserker armour) and though a bit dismayed at the smallish size, the detail is of course extraordinary.

1579377876775.jpeg

I planned on picking up Griffith as well but just couldn't pull the trigger.
As much as I love that dastardly dude, I've dated gals not as attractive as he turned out so yeah, no, couldn't do it, heh. :bag:

1579378237320.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing and Sampy

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
So, after humming and hawing for about a year, finally pulled the trigger on a set I've wanted very dearly.
Sentai release, Legend Of The Galactic Heroes;
Big, gorgeous, and though pricey (understatement, especially shipped to Canada), I couldn't justify NOT getting it, heh. :cigar:

1579378480074.png

1579378522452.png

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Also picked up a lovely SE set from Amz.uk of Garden Of Sinners;

It's about 1/3 the price of the RightStuf Aniplex set but it's a 1:1 clone of that set video wise!
It may not have all the accompanying 'naf of the Ani set but no matter, the box and slip art is gorgeous and the presentation is awesome;

1579379039343.png

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Some may already be aware but for those not, Dark Horse is planning to release the Hellsing Manga series in the majestic HC editions they've provided for Berserk.
This is a guaranteed purchase from my end and I do hope some of you have interest as well.
I believe we are looking at July 2020 for first volume...:happy:
It will be available thru Amz and I'm sure a number of other retailers.

1580006730468.png

Reactions: Sampy and AlienKing

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
As for Manga, just received my very eagerly anticipated volumes of H.P. Lovecraft's "At The Mountains Of Madness".
Also grabbed the same author's (Gou Tanabe) release of Lovecraft's "The Hound and Other Stories".
They are absolutely gorgeous artwork a bit similar to "Ito" wrt the spooky images but better facial features.
Highly recommended, especially if you are a Lovecraft fan.
Purchased from Amz.ca for ~$25Cdn ea. (cheaper in the USA).
Pricey but they are indeed gorgeous and I had to stop myself reading as I was getting totally involved in them and not ready to sit down to a full read quite yet.
Pictured with one of, my Lovecraft HC editions;

1580005302614.png

:thumbs:

May 15, 2018
As for Manga, just received my very eagerly anticipated volumes of H.P. Lovecraft's "At The Mountains Of Madness".
Also grabbed the same author's (Gou Tanabe) release of Lovecraft's "The Hound and Other Stories".
They are absolutely gorgeous artwork a bit similar to "Ito" wrt the spooky images but better facial features.
Highly recommended, especially if you are a Lovecraft fan.
Purchased from Amz.ca for ~$25Cdn ea. (cheaper in the USA).
Pricey but they are indeed gorgeous and I had to stop myself reading as I was getting totally involved in them and not ready to sit down to a full read quite yet.
Pictured with one of, my Lovecraft HC editions;

View attachment 460345

:thumbs:
I had no idea there are manga adaptations of H.P. Lovecraft stories! "At the Mountains of Madness" is one of my favourites so I'll have to hunt this one down :woot:
Are they in English? If so do they stick to the original works or are they translated from Japanese?

Thanks for sharing with us photos of your new acquisitions; it's been a while since I was into anime / manga but I really enjoy looking at your photos, especially since I can't afford to purchase them myself :)