Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks;
Been away for a bit for a variety of reasons but I've still had some lovely treasures arrive.
I'll get pics of most up soon but wanted to put this one up first as it is something I've waited a year for so quite excited to finally get it.
So without further ado,
Fate: GO - Jeanne D'Arc (Alter), aka J'Alter, from TOM;

1577047678682.jpeg

1577047705673.jpeg

Last edited:
^^ Beautiful collection @Sampy !
Although you don't exactly need it (though need rarely comes into play in this hobby) are you planning on picking up the Steelbook MVM is releasing in Feb. ?
Link:

:)

Reactions: Sampy
^^ Beautiful collection @Sampy !
Although you don't exactly need it (though need rarely comes into play in this hobby) are you planning on picking up the Steelbook MVM is releasing in Feb. ?
Link:

:)

Haha thank you! And very curious how this edition will turn out so yeah I'm interested

^^ At least it will be the OG and not the 2016/17 eye burner...heh. :)
I've pre-ordered, as I too am a big fan of Berserk.
I have the 1st 3 eds of the Dark Horse HC Manga as well and look forward to picking them all up.
Incredible books.
I also love the statue of Guts you displayed, gorgeous!
I purchased the Figma ed (Guts in Berserker armour) and though a bit dismayed at the smallish size, the detail is of course extraordinary.

1579377876775.jpeg

I planned on picking up Griffith as well but just couldn't pull the trigger.
As much as I love that dastardly dude, I've dated gals not as attractive as he turned out so yeah, no, couldn't do it, heh. :bag:

1579378237320.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing and Sampy
Some may already be aware but for those not, Dark Horse is planning to release the Hellsing Manga series in the majestic HC editions they've provided for Berserk.
This is a guaranteed purchase from my end and I do hope some of you have interest as well.
I believe we are looking at July 2020 for first volume...:happy:
It will be available thru Amz and I'm sure a number of other retailers.

1580006730468.png

Reactions: Sampy and AlienKing
As for Manga, just received my very eagerly anticipated volumes of H.P. Lovecraft's "At The Mountains Of Madness".
Also grabbed the same author's (Gou Tanabe) release of Lovecraft's "The Hound and Other Stories".
They are absolutely gorgeous artwork a bit similar to "Ito" wrt the spooky images but better facial features.
Highly recommended, especially if you are a Lovecraft fan.
Purchased from Amz.ca for ~$25Cdn ea. (cheaper in the USA).
Pricey but they are indeed gorgeous and I had to stop myself reading as I was getting totally involved in them and not ready to sit down to a full read quite yet.
Pictured with one of, my Lovecraft HC editions;

1580005302614.png

:thumbs:

As for Manga, just received my very eagerly anticipated volumes of H.P. Lovecraft's "At The Mountains Of Madness".
Also grabbed the same author's (Gou Tanabe) release of Lovecraft's "The Hound and Other Stories".
They are absolutely gorgeous artwork a bit similar to "Ito" wrt the spooky images but better facial features.
Highly recommended, especially if you are a Lovecraft fan.
Purchased from Amz.ca for ~$25Cdn ea. (cheaper in the USA).
Pricey but they are indeed gorgeous and I had to stop myself reading as I was getting totally involved in them and not ready to sit down to a full read quite yet.
Pictured with one of, my Lovecraft HC editions;

View attachment 460345

:thumbs:
I had no idea there are manga adaptations of H.P. Lovecraft stories! "At the Mountains of Madness" is one of my favourites so I'll have to hunt this one down :woot:
Are they in English? If so do they stick to the original works or are they translated from Japanese?

Thanks for sharing with us photos of your new acquisitions; it's been a while since I was into anime / manga but I really enjoy looking at your photos, especially since I can't afford to purchase them myself :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
^^ Hi my friend @spriggan02 ;
Thanks for the compliment! :thanks:

Yes, the Lovecraft Mangas are in English and the artwork is simply incredible.
I'd say the manga follows the original story very well indeed, with a few changes that I recognize would be for audience purposes.
As you know, HP was most notably a wordsmith so the dialogue is shall I say, a bit more modern in places?
It's not distracting at all though and if you love his works, you'll get great enjoyment from these.
Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: spriggan02
I received a couple of orders from Sentai as of late so thought I'd share. :)

First up, a number of titles for my Daughter and Grand-daughter;

1589156575078.png

Next, I managed to convince myself I needed the SteelBook for NGNL.
So yeah, now in my little collection (bottom left )

1589156683396.png

p.s. that's the Steel for NGNL:0 at bottom right also.

Just a few new ones;
I debated a long time whether to pick-up the CEs for Overlord as I wasn't quite sure how invested I'd become.
Well, with the S-1 so cheap (($26Cdn) I couldn't justify not owning it in some iteration, heh.
S-2 is currently $36Cdn but if it slips a bit below that, I'll grab it as well.
Tanya I planned to pick up regardless and was in fact, just waiting for an 'Essentials' ed to snag.
Anime Gataris is for my girls. I think they will be happy with it. :)

1589823653150.jpeg