Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remembered I had not as yet posted pics of my latest 2 figs.
Still in boxes until I finish setting up my (newly acquired) antique display case.
I have 4 Kurumis in total coming but their delivery is spread out betwixt now and I believe Feb 2020...sigh.
Oh, this one did come from Japan btw and has the cert stickers.

edit: As they are in boxes, making it difficult to see detail, they are;
Date A Live: Kurumi Tokisaki, and
Berserk: Guts in Berserker Armour

1567719485728.png

1567719515068.png

Just remembered I had not as yet posted pics of my latest 2 figs.
Still in boxes until I finish setting up my (newly acquired) antique display case.
I have 4 Kurumis in total coming but their delivery is spread out betwixt now and I believe Feb 2020...sigh.
Oh, this one did come from Japan btw and has the cert stickers.

edit: As they are in boxes, making it difficult to see detail, they are;
Date A Live: Kurumi Tokisaki, and
Berserk: Guts in Berserker Armour

Curious about your new display case! Don't forget to post pics here once you're finished ;)

Reactions: Grendel
I rewatch it yearly - by law!
Yikes! I'm a lawbreaker by that count!
But that's very cool :thumbs:

Hey @AlienKing , Ya mean ya didn't leap at the chance to get the AtA "Steamer Trunk" edition of CBB ? :LOL:

View attachment 450171

When I purchased the Funi boxed ed. I sent the slipped amaray ed to my kids who absolutely love it (of course they would).
Hell nah man. I already spent so much past few months on anime. Plus I wouldnt have space to put that box.
And your kids have great taste in anime :D

Thanks for the advert links @AlienKing :thanks:
I cruised both (previously) and not much I either don't already have or willing to pick up but there's a few forthcoming that have my interest.
Nice to see Sentai will deliver to Canada now!
Really? I thought they already did. I was gonna pick up High School of the dead & Ajin sets. But they would both be blind buys so I ended up not going through with it.

Reactions: Grendel
Hi @AlienKing ;
Sentai have only recently advertised the availability to deliver to Canada, as in past 3 months.
I would suggest Ajin is a solid buy but perhaps awaiting their Black Friday sales at this point would be the best option.
I coin flipped on High School of the Dead myself and since I already have similar themed shows, I elected to pass.
Great for aficionados of boob and panty-shots but though my libido would disagree, my brain is a tad over that by now, personally.
:)

Reactions: AlienKing
Hi @AlienKing ;
Sentai have only recently advertised the availability to deliver to Canada, as in past 3 months.
I would suggest Ajin is a solid buy but perhaps awaiting their Black Friday sales at this point would be the best option.
I coin flipped on High School of the Dead myself and since I already have similar themed shows, I elected to pass.
Great for aficionados of boob and panty-shots but though my libido would disagree, my brain is a tad over that by now, personally.
:)
Haha aite. I shall keep that in mind :)