Ant-Man - In theaters July 17, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Ant-Man (2015)

Tagline: We're Gonna Need a Bigger Hero.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Peyton Reed[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Rudd[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Douglas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Evangeline Lilly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corey Stoll[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bobby Cannavale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judy Greer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Peña[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wood Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Dastmalchian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]T.I.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jordi Mollà[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Slattery[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hayley Atwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Abby Ryder Fortson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Donovan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gregg Turkington[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steven Wiig[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Etienne Vick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vanessa Ross[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-07-17[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
uZHcgf1JIs1a6cqvMLtPATZdiwp.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.
With: Paul Rudd

Trailer:

antman.jpg

Last edited:
Wright was the perfect man for this job. He put nearly a decade of his life into developing. Marvel are a bunch of morons for letting this happen... but then they've never really seemed to care about their directors other than Whedon. :(

Yup, I don't particularly think Whedon is that great either, anyone with decent directorial skill could of nailed the Avengers IMO. He just happened to be the one who would sit and give up everything else for Marvel.

Really too bad!

I've loved all of Edgar Wright's movies (and the tv series "Spaced") so far.

He would have certainly put an interesting on spin the superhero film genre.

Well, it's Marvel's (and unfortunately the fans') loss.

Yup, I don't particularly think Whedon is that great either, anyone with decent directorial skill could of nailed the Avengers IMO. He just happened to be the one who would sit and give up everything else for Marvel.

You obviously don't watch any Whedon shows. The script was completely Joss right down to his style of one liners. :)

They parted ways because he wasn't keen on them trying to shoehorn it into their collective universe. This begs the question if they were always planning on doing this, why didn't they work this out sometime shortly after Avengers, then have him play the role he should in Avengers 2? Seems odd to completely change his backstory, rework the story in A2, and then have this movie come out and fit in there anyway. Odd choice.

They parted ways because he wasn't keen on them trying to shoehorn it into their collective universe. This begs the question if they were always planning on doing this, why didn't they work this out sometime shortly after Avengers, then have him play the role he should in Avengers 2? Seems odd to completely change his backstory, rework the story in A2, and then have this movie come out and fit in there anyway. Odd choice.

Yeah, apparently Marvel hired another writer to rewrite his and Joe Cornish's screenplay and when it was done, Wright couldn't even recognize his original vision for the character. The guy dedicates eight years of his life to developing your character for film and you pull that move? Honestly, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, if Ultron's going to be created by Tony Stark and not Hank Pym, you really didn't need to connect the first Ant-Man to The Avengers.

Seeing as the director pulled out I am not sure how they are going to be able to get it done in time, then again stranger things have happened and it is hard to tell whether or the previous one already storyboarded it out.

Reactions: Drum18 and IRON MAN
It's official, Marvel just announced Peyton Reed (of Yes Man, Bring It On and The Break-Up) will be directing, announcement here

Edit: Lol Franky, a few seconds apart :D

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Its really hard for my to get excited about this film now. I guess I should save judgement until I see a trailer or the film itself. But Peyton Reed is no Edgar Wright.

I do like the bit of news of Adam McKay adding to the script, He knows Paul Rudd and I'm sure he'll get some great jokes that work very well for him. But all in all this whole thing is a mess... lets hope they can turn this thing around.

Reactions: Drum18
The director really hasn't directed anything like this and doesn't really seem like a good fit. And a new writer could mean a lot for the tone of the movie.

The director really hasn't directed anything like this and doesn't really seem like a good fit. And a new writer could mean a lot for the tone of the movie.

From the sounds of it, the tone and style of the movie are going to be exactly how Marvel wants it. It doesn't matter who is writing/directing.

I say Yes Man, Bring It On. Let's just hope this relationship doesn't get The Break-Up or the film really will end up a mess.

I'm truly intrigued... Rudd... I have faith... but please... don't just be the smarta** you always are...

Ant Man is my least favorite Avenger, but the poster looks great.Paul rudd is usually really funny but Hank isn't a funny guy.I'm not expecting this movie to be more than a 7 for me.

Marvel's Ant-Man Officially Begins Filming!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121953

It's been a long and complicated journey for Marvel's Ant-Man, having been in development since 2006, losing director Edgar Wright, finding another in Peyton Reed, losing actors in pivotal roles, and all the while going through various script re-writes. Today, however, things are looking up, as Reed revealed on Twitter this morning that the film officially begins filming today! You can read his full tweet below.

Ant_Man!.PNG

:thumbs:

Reactions: Drum18