Ant-Man - In theaters July 17, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Ant-Man (2015)

Tagline: We're Gonna Need a Bigger Hero.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Peyton Reed[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Rudd[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Douglas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Evangeline Lilly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corey Stoll[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bobby Cannavale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judy Greer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Peña[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wood Harris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Dastmalchian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]T.I.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jordi Mollà[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Slattery[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hayley Atwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Abby Ryder Fortson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Donovan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gregg Turkington[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Steven Wiig[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Etienne Vick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vanessa Ross[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-07-17[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
uZHcgf1JIs1a6cqvMLtPATZdiwp.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.
With: Paul Rudd

Trailer:

antman.jpg

Last edited:
I like where they are going with this! Looks awesome!

Here's the last link I found that worked:http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/3/2...tml?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter

Although I'm not sure if he would fit, I wonder if Simon Pegg will be tested for the role. Simon Pegg joining the movie Avengers cast would just be so awesome. Actually, Simon Pegg should be part of any team. But maybe they are going to have to cast someone more studly? Who knows...

Last edited:
I like where they are going with this! Looks awesome!

Here's the last link I found that worked:http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/3/2...tml?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter

Although I'm not sure if he would fit, I wonder if Simon Pegg will be tested for the role. Simon Pegg joining the movie Avengers cast would just be so awesome. Actually, Simon Pegg should be part of any team. But maybe they are going to have to cast someone more studly? Who knows...

Personally, I don't think he would fit the role. I like him, just not for this role.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

It's not going to be Simon Pegg ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

did you get cast already? :D

Marvel's Phase Three title Ant-Man has been slated for a November 6th, 2015 release. However, Disney and Marvel Studios have now decided to move the film up five months for a July 31st, 2015 release.

Still no news who will be cast but still... it's really rare they move date forward right?

Paul Rudd IS Ant-Man!!! :scat:

Rumored for the role since earlier this year, Paul Rudd is Marvel Studios' choice to headline Ant-Man! The Wrap reports that the Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues star will play Hank Pym in the July 31, 2015 release.

Set to begin production early next year in Georgia, Ant-Man will be directed by Edgar Wright, who co-wrote the script with Joe Cornish (Attack the Block).

Although there's no assurance yet that it remains the case, Wright's original plans for the film called for both Pym and the later Ant-Man of the comics, Scott Lang, to appear in the feature.

"The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang," Wright told SuperHeroHype some years ago. "So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."

The film, which is supposed to launch "Phase Three" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will follow Avengers: Age of Ultron's May 1, 2015 release.
Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

I'm glad Paul Rudd got the role. He's a great comedian, which will surely be useful in this role. Plus I'm sick of seeing Joseph Gordon Levitt. It's like when Shia Lebouf was in everything. It's hard to get into a film when the lead actor has been in half a dozen films in a year.

Another great casting choice :scat:

As per Latino Review:
After winning a Golden Globe last night, Michael Douglas is going to be in his first super hero movie! A Marvel one at that!

According Variety, Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym in Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man.

Press release from Marvel is as follows…
“With Hank Pym’s rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves,” said Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. “We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn’t be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life.”

Last edited by a moderator:
MARVEL STUDIOS & EDGAR WRIGHT STATEMENT

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/5/23/22577/marvel_studios_edgar_wright_statement

Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announce that the studio and director have parted ways on Marvel's Ant-Man.

Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announced today that the studio and director have parted ways on Marvel's "Ant-Man" due to differences in their vision of the film. The decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly.

I guess Edgar wasn't the Wright man for the job! :p :naughty:

Wright was the perfect man for this job. He put nearly a decade of his life into developing. Marvel are a bunch of morons for letting this happen... but then they've never really seemed to care about their directors other than Whedon. :(