Apocalypse Now - Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #31) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: August 13, 2021
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order July 30, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $98.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $197.98 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti - Full Slip - One Click
Note: Full Slip 1000 copies - Lenti 1000 copies

41D2EF31-A175-4DD3-898C-61F84363DF47.jpegFB70B7A1-87BC-4EDB-BB40-7136F266ECA7.jpega91b9375dbb4447fe4611a52b06364db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got confirmation from Nova, the price is not mistake :sweat:

"For Apocalypse Now, it has 2 4K discs and 4 BD discs, in total of 6 discs. It contains 3 different versions of Apocalypse Now and many more supplements.

This may feel expensive but we believe it is the right price.

Thank you:)"

Reactions: tono06

"For Apocalypse Now, it has 2 4K discs and 4 BD discs, in total of 6 discs. It contains 3 different versions of Apocalypse Now and many more supplements.

Thanks for asking! My question now is though, if it contains 3 different versions of the film, why plaster "Final Cut" on the Slipcover? Why not just have it say "Apocalypse Now" and nothing else?

Now go back and tell them to scrap half the discs.
Nova do make me laugh, I think they make some poor judgements at times on what THEY think is right. They were like this with O-Rings. They must of had so many emailing them over the years asking them to go to a proper lenti slip. I did a few times. All I got back was it’s their Policy. What does that even mean? If it’s your policy then change it lol. And they did eventually. Everyone should email them and grate on them about this. That number of discs is just not needed. Get em to chisel a good $30 off (or more)

Thanks for asking! My question now is though, if it contains 3 different versions of the film, why plaster "Final Cut" on the Slipcover? Why not just have it say "Apocalypse Now" and nothing else?

this

Now go back and tell them to scrap half the discs.
Nova do make me laugh, I think they make some poor judgements at times on what THEY think is right. They were like this with O-Rings. They must of had so many emailing them over the years asking them to go to a proper lenti slip. I did a few times. All I got back was it’s their Policy. What does that even mean? If it’s your policy then change it lol. And they did eventually. Everyone should email them and grate on them about this. That number of discs is just not needed. Get em to chisel a good $30 off (or more)

i actually asked them in the first email If their decisions about this release are final (discs, artworks, price etc) but they didnt react on this matter. I will shoot them anothet mail I guees.

Yeah, it makes no sense to put Final cut on covet when it contains all cuts....bollocks

Reactions: Flloydo

So they're counting by discs and film versions now? That's bullshit, it's studio's business to price something like that, and they did - official regular release in US, with the same six discs, is just $17.99 on Amazon right now, which I bought.
All Nova did is print approved postcards and slipcases, with boring old art I should add, like for every other release they did, and all they should add in price premium for is that maculature. I don't see twice post cards or two booklets, so WTF twice the price?
I'm going to stay with my american digipack, got paper novelty goodies in previous DVD releases.
Hope these Nova editions end up in half the price sales a year later to teach them a lesson, but afraid there are too many moronic not collectors, but gatherers, buying everything, as well as scalpers...

So they're counting by discs and film versions now? That's bullshit, it's studio's business to price something like that, and they did - official regular release in US, with the same six discs, is just $17.99 on Amazon right now, which I bought.
All Nova did is print approved postcards and slipcases, with boring old art I should add, like for every other release they did, and all they should add in price premium for is that maculature. I don't see twice post cards or two booklets, so WTF twice the price?
I'm going to stay with my american digipack, got paper novelty goodies in previous DVD releases.
Hope these Nova editions end up in half the price sales a year later to teach them a lesson, but afraid there are too many moronic not collectors, but gatherers, buying everything, as well as scalpers...
And the US 6-disc set occasionally dips to $10 on Amazon. So it's not the discs that add to the cost, though it might be that the studio charges much differently to Amazon US vs. some boutique retailer in Korea.

The "boring old art" (on the lenti) is the most classic poster by a very popular movie poster artist. (A screenprint reproduction of that Apocalypse Now poster sold on Mondo last week—425 copies, $100 each, sold out in about four seconds.) So I think there's always going to be a market for this steelbook set, overpriced as it may be. (The fullslip puzzles me, though, because I can't see much room to give it an interesting finish or anything.) The steelbook uses Laurent Durieux art, which is also relatively popular, and if it turns out full-gloss, it may not be so bad. (Well...yes, the back of the steelbook is bad.)

I'd also point out that the Blufans Blade Runner 2049 edition is $100—WWA steelbook, fewer discs, but lower print run. And a lot of Filmarena FAC releases have cost somewhere around $100 to obtain new. It may just be that prices for fancy-shmancy steelbooks are trending upward, and at a faster rate than we'd like. Gone are the days of "Hmm, I don't know if I need this, but I might want it someday, so I may as well..."

There's a OC edition? Or are you just bundling both slips into one order with that option?
I was wondering the same thing and also assumed it was simpy both editions in order to avoid ordering the 2 options individually. Since that was my initial plan anyway, I went for the "One Click" :whistle:

I was wondering the same thing and also assumed it was simpy both editions in order to avoid ordering the 2 options individually. Since that was my initial plan anyway, I went for the "One Click" :whistle:
I assume that's the case. Sounds daft, but may actually be more tempted by this release if there were a proper OC box of the two editions.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy