Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 10th, 2015
Purchase link: Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (live)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Three disc edition – includes Apocalypse Now, Apocalypse Now Redux and Heart Of Darkness documentary.

11146757-7504309339413459.jpg

11146757-9214309339384422.jpg

11146757-4764309339379136.jpg

Last edited:
Debit Card been Charged

Should be shipping soon
But knowing Zavvi as used a 10% discount code will delay shipping time a bit :LOL:

Edit
Just after I post the above
Order Despatched :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Watched this a while back did not like the movie as it was quite long,but Marlon brando as always did justice to his role...

Watched this a while back did not like the movie as it was quite long,but Marlon brando as always did justice to his role...
Hardly. Kurtz was supposed to be a lean and hungry warrior, but Brando turned up on set so massively overweight that they had no Green Beret uniforms that would fit him. He hadn't done any preparation for the role, and knew none of his lines. The whole production of 900+ cast and crew had to be shut down for a week whilst Coppola read the script to Brando, after which Brando demanded to improvise his scenes instead. He then decided to shave his head, would only wear black, and insisted that he was filmed in shadow in an attempt to hide his huge size. He also refused to work with Dennis Hopper, despite the script having scenes with them together.

Already own the 3 disc digpack with slipcase....... can't imagine that being topped by this, personally.
On a different note, has any body here watched the redux cut? I have............oh dear!!
Stick to the regular classic cut, the redux just kills it!!

Hardly. Kurtz was supposed to be a lean and hungry warrior, but Brando turned up on set so massively overweight that they had no Green Beret uniforms that would fit him. He hadn't done any preparation for the role, and knew none of his lines. The whole production of 900+ cast and crew had to be shut down for a week whilst Coppola read the script to Brando, after which Brando demanded to improvise his scenes instead. He then decided to shave his head, would only wear black, and insisted that he was filmed in shadow in an attempt to hide his huge size. He also refused to work with Dennis Hopper, despite the script having scenes with them together.

Appreciate all of the above but I don't think it matters that Kurtz in the film is not exactly as described in the source book as very tall and lean. I also don't consider for a minute that Brando's famous weight issues detract from his larger than life performance in the film, rather his substance, or impression of it, adds to his God like status as far as the villagers are concerned. After all, figures of gods in the Far East are all a bit on the plump side.The fact that most of his scenes are played out in shadow only adds to the spiritual and surreal quality of those scenes and I can't think of any other film actor with a comparable presence who could have carried off such a difficult role except for possibly Coppola's first and only other choice for the part - Orson Welles - again hardly the lean character as depicted in the book !
The fact that a whole list of famous actors were considered for Martin Sheen's role of Captain Willard and as far as I can remember only one other for Kurtz, apart from Brando, speaks volumes..

I was pleasantly surprised when mine arrived this morning. Wasn't sure how good it would be but it looks fantastic, one of the best looking Zavvi steels for quite a while imo.

Wow! Just wow!
Glossy 3-disc steelbook of a classic 'difficult' film for slightly more than 16 quid seems OK to me :thumbs:
It goes without saying many thanks for your usual top quality pics @StifflersDad
Just a quick question, if I may, regarding the title on the front, "Is it completely flat or slightly raised?"

Reactions: StifflersDad
Wow! Just wow!
Glossy 3-disc steelbook of a classic 'difficult' film for slightly more than 16 quid seems OK to me :thumbs:
It goes without saying many thanks for your usual top quality pics @StifflersDad
Just a quick question, if I may, regarding the title on the front, "Is it completely flat or slightly raised?"
Flat. No embossing/debossing.

Reactions: virkia