Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 10th, 2015
Purchase link: Apocalypse Now: Special Edition (live)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Three disc edition – includes Apocalypse Now, Apocalypse Now Redux and Heart Of Darkness documentary.

11146757-7504309339413459.jpg

11146757-9214309339384422.jpg

11146757-4764309339379136.jpg

Last edited:
Add the steelbook to your basket
Then click the above link
Then go to basket from that page link and then enter Discount code JUL10

Note

Discount code wont work unless you use the above link its also very soon to expire the code
Worked like a charm! Thanks mate, preordered!

Reactions: paulboland
The icing on the cake after this excellent news for me at least would be the a simultaneous release of another steelbook but with the Brando image - this would give U.K. buyers the choice of two iconic images on the front of our U.K. steelbooks (for the benefit of U.K. buyers like myself who have yet to buy internationally).
The current image is perfect though (despite being a very familiar image to us in the U.K.) for this steelbook as other worldwide steelbook releases of this film all appear to have the Brando image on the front (U.S., Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain and Holland).
I would personally buy both and if money was tight at the time of release would sacrifice other 'less worthy' steelbooks though I suspect I would be in the minority buying the same film in different steelbooks . . .but, then again, 'Star Trek XI' - say no more.

It would be rather extravagant for Studio Canal to do simultaneous Steelbook releases with both sets of artwork, so unlikely to happen.

However, if you also want to obtain one with the Marlon Brando artwork then it's still possible to get these at a reasonable price on the secondary market, provided you're prepared to be patient.

The one to go for, however, is one of the Universal releases (Italy, Spain and Netherlands) which contain two discs, an embossed title and glossy finish. The only potential problem for you would be that the J-cards are in the respective local languages. I have the Italian edition and it's very nice. I'll be keeping it even when I get hold of the new UK one.

Expand your horizons. Restricting yourself to UK releases only limits the choices available to you.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
It would be rather extravagant for Studio Canal to do simultaneous Steelbook releases with both sets of artwork, so unlikely to happen.

However, if you also want to obtain one with the Marlon Brando artwork then it's still possible to get these at a reasonable price on the secondary market, provided you're prepared to be patient.

The one to go for, however, is one of the Universal releases (Italy, Spain and Netherlands) which contain two discs, an embossed title and glossy finish. The only potential problem for you would be that the J-cards are in the respective local languages. I have the Italian edition and it's very nice. I'll be keeping it even when I get hold of the new UK one.

Expand your horizons. Restricting yourself to UK releases only limits the choices available to you.

I'd say the one to go for is the Zavvi Exclusive or the Full Disclosure Edition since they have the Hearts of Darkness documentary.

I'd say the one to go for is the Zavvi Exclusive or the Full Disclosure Edition since they have the Hearts of Darkness documentary.

You've misunderstood what I have written. @virkia has posted that, in addition to the forthcoming UK release, he would also like a Steelbook with the Marlon Brando artwork. Hence my recommendation of the Italian one. Obviously, if one's not fussed about the artwork, then the forthcoming Zavvi / Studio Canal release would be a better option, due to the inclusion of the Hearts of Darkness disc.

Thank you @augustus for the details of the Italian edition.
If I understand you correctly it's only the European 2-disc editions and not the U.S./Canada 1-disc editions that have the embossed title and gloss finish?

Thank you @augustus for the details of the Italian edition.
If I understand you correctly it's only the European 2-disc editions and not the U.S./Canada 1-disc editions that have the embossed title and gloss finish?

That's correct. It's the ones released by Universal. Also, don't bother with the German Studio Canal release. If you use the Search Forums function, you'll find individual threads for each and every Steelbook release of this title.

Reactions: virkia
Ordered this last night and only just seen there's a discount code going around. D'oh! Oh well, still a good price for the three disc edition

I know i haven't seen this to hand but i still LOVE that Australian metal Slipcase of this... superb film aswell :)

Just seen a picture of that - certainly looks v. smart with what looks like embossing on the title and possibly elsewhere. Shame only 2 discs though.
Pity we don't have metal slipcovers in the U.K.

Just seen a picture of that - certainly looks v. smart with what looks like embossing on the title and possibly elsewhere. Shame only 2 discs though.
Pity we don't have metal slipcovers in the U.K.

If its a steel you really like, just do what i do, buy the item(s) then swap the discs :p

RE: Australian 2-disc metal slip edition: It's a poxy blue Amaray inside - WTF. At least they could have used digipack packaging for the discs. What a nonsense.

RE: U.K. Zavvi steelbook edition - Best release in the world of this film no question about it.
Nothing else to touch it - certainly not the Aussie.
Stunning 3-disc steelbook with stunning though familiar artwork.
Total content.
Decent price of just over GBP 16.
What more could any fan of the film wish for (apart from the book that comes with the Collector's Edition which many will already have anyway I suspect) ?

Last edited: