Premium Supporter
Oct 20, 2012
Manchester, UK
Release date: June 8, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't order it simply because I knew there was a new remaster coming out and just couldn't get confirmation if this was the new pressing or simply the old pressing in a steelbook. I'll wait until Amazon.de or someone other site does it........ Bound to happen...

I didn't order it simply because I knew there was a new remaster coming out and just couldn't get confirmation if this was the new pressing or simply the old pressing in a steelbook. I'll wait until Amazon.de or someone other site does it........ Bound to happen...
I already posted in the thread

Universal has confirmed the 20th Anniversary Edition release of Apollo 13 will feature a new 4K remaster created using original 35mm film elements, presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround.

You can also expect this to come back in stock as a few have cancelled their orders

Apollo 13 - 20th Anniversary Edition

Note
Newly restored and remastered from high resolution 35mm original film elements!

This has new extras to previous releases highlighted in bold

NEW - Apollo 13: Twenty Years Later
Lost Moon: The Triumph of Apollo 13
Conquering Space: The Moon and Beyond
Lucky 13: The Astronaut's Story
Theatrical Trailer
U-Control: The Apollo Era
U-Control: Tech-Splanations
Feature Commentary with Director Ron Howard
Feature Commentary with Jim and Marilyn Lovell
UltraViolet Copy

Universal has confirmed the 20th Anniversary Edition release of Apollo 13 will feature a new 4K remaster created using original 35mm film elements, presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround.

Reactions: schrute farms
Fair enough, I'll wait a few months and get it in the bargain basement. Very few of the steelbooks are selling out right away. Some are seriously slow burners.

Identical Steelbook, including the newly remastered transfer, released yesterday in France. Available from amazon.fr for EUR 14.99.

Looks like this a plain matt piece of crap judging by the photos in the French thread. Too late to cancel now as well :mad:
Steelbook looks identical to original release a few years back.

Disc is new content though with new transfer.

Not worth double dipping if you have original. Just wait for amaray of this to hit bargain bin and swap the discs.

This is really disappointing as all the other Universal steels i've bought over the last year or so have been glossy and beautiful in hand. I just hope this total lack of effort doesn't become the norm for their releases.

Gutted :(

Reactions: lgans316