Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure why the moaning

Manta usually sell out eventually

I don’t need the sh*t, stress and anxiety anymore. Love that it’s easier nowadays.

If this hobby genuinely causes you that then something isn't right!

If I miss out then I'm disapoointed and move on until one crops up elsewhere, but stress and anxiety over it?

• Thanks
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
I’m not sure why the moaning

Manta usually sell out eventually

Who gives a **** if it’s not in half hour

Although I survived old school nova choice pre orders, magneto, the manta deadpool GB and Blufans dr strange, I don’t need the sh*t, stress and anxiety anymore. Love that it’s easier nowadays.

I’ve only missed out on 3 pre orders but 2 of them I bought straight away from Pung haha and those 2 were because I comptelty forgot they went live
Yeah, I don't really get it either... I guess some folks just like to own something that's considered "rare" and hard to get. Or maybe just because they plan to sell it on afterwards for triple bucks. :whistle:

Personally I also like that editions such as this are easier to obtain nowadays... takes away a lot of the stresses like you said. I collect due to my love of films and cool looking editions, not because of how much they might be worth down the line... but each to their own, of course. :)

Well if there is a trend that these will be available in a few days there's no urgency to F5 on the dot, I don't have to set the alarm, make an excuse to use my phone at work pretending someone is calling me lol. And Nick @Noodles can keep snoozing all along (minus the DL you missed out on!) :p

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
If this hobby genuinely causes you that then something isn't right!

If I miss out then I'm disapoointed and move on until one crops up elsewhere, but stress and anxiety over it?

I beg your pardon?

I’m sorry are you my doctor?

Most members used to get stressed out buying novas back in the day because it took about 2 hours to check out. Literally hundreds of us.
It’s the same as buying gig tickets and them selling out in a minute. A part of it is the excitement and it’s also very stressful.

Just like waiting to go on a crazy roller coster etc

Wtf are you on about

Plus maybe I have a weaker heart than some, you dont know my medical history and I won’t let that get in the way of things I enjoy or my hobbies as long as it don’t kill me

The f*cking cheek

Yeah, I don't really get it either... I guess some folks just like to own something that's considered "rare" and hard to get. Or maybe just because they plan to sell it on afterwards for triple bucks. :whistle:

Personally I also like that editions such as this are easier to obtain nowadays... takes away a lot of the stresses like you said. I collect due to my love of films and cool looking editions, not because of how much they might be worth down the line... but each to their own, of course. :)

Sometimes the buzz was cool. And I like a buzz but in a different form (although my heart can’t take them buzzes anymore haha) but I’d rather have ease when I’m buying the things I collect.

Novas were crazy back in the day

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and harry
@Flloydo I think with all these pre-orders buddy we are used to the buzz and hype it creates, the old F5 on the dot when it was an instant sell out. Basically if you fall asleep, simply forget that's it, ebay down the road. But when a big franchise like this is still hovering around over a the next day or so it surprises us, probably because we aren't used to it. It's not like Nova's releases that can't even sell out at all lol. If this continues then there are no surprises and the buzz and adrenaline and stress you mentioned will no longer be feared! Main thing is you got what you wanted (not the disc lol) and nearly everyone else has, but no excuses for those that daydreamed...:giggle:

Reactions: Flloydo
I beg your pardon?

I’m sorry are you my doctor?

Most members used to get stressed out buying novas back in the day because it took about 2 hours to check out. Literally hundreds of us.
It’s the same as buying gig tickets and them selling out in a minute. A part of it is the excitement and it’s also very stressful.

Just like waiting to go on a crazy roller coster etc

Wtf are you on about

Plus maybe I have a weaker heart than some, you dont know my medical history and I won’t let that get in the way of things I enjoy or my hobbies as long as it don’t kill me

The f*cking cheek

...or you just have anger issues, like not being able to navigate around the zavvi site. :whistle:;)

• Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
@Flloydo I think with all these pre-orders buddy we are used to the buzz and hype it creates, the old F5 on the dot when it was an instant sell out. Basically if you fall asleep, simply forget that's it, ebay down the road. But when a big franchise like this is still hovering around over a the next day or so it surprises us, probably because we aren't used to it. It's not like Nova's releases that can't even sell out at all lol. If this continues then there are no surprises and the buzz and adrenaline and stress you mentioned will no longer be feared! Main thing is you got what you wanted (not the disc lol) and nearly everyone else has, but no excuses for those that daydreamed...:giggle:

Oh I’ve not had stress trying to get one of these since maybe dr strange Blufans. But yeah much easier nowadays. And that’s on all premium sites. For me I collect these for the whole package, I open everything, enjoy everything and keep everything so I’m good

...or you just have anger issues, like not being able to navigate around the zavvi site. :whistle:;)

Their new site still f*cks me off.

I can navigate fine. But they changed so much it’s odd. Like vinyl into segments!! If your on your mobile and you get a desktop version then you can’t look at their categories. It won’t let you. It won’t allow you to request desktop version so every time you go on it goes straight to mobile form. Never used to do that. Hey ho

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
@sunnyx oh and with the disc. I can get that anytime tbh. Millions will be floating around on a standard ammray in CEX and I’ll sell my 3D to cover that cost. But I really don’t like the other 2 arts manta has. DL looks the best by a mile imo

Annoying a tad because I’ll have to pick up a 4K disc at some point but my counter is it’s not a great film and maybe I won’t want the 4k disc. I want to see this a second time to make my mind up.

But for now, manta are my favourite and I collect their editons, 2D disc only, 3D included or 4K. It all good because I’ll always go for my favourite art and/or package

It don’t manta because I collect manta :whistle: :thumbs:

Aquaman both HZzeta and Manta didn't really sell out very fast. Only the Boxset from Zeta sold out in any kind of time but it was easy to preorder can't remember how long but a good hour at least. The rest of the editions hung around for at least a day.
Manta has been live for 24 hours and the only edition that sold out direct is the Double Lenti. The HDN GB you could have preordered a DL copy for well over a week as well as all other editions.
Anyone else surprised this didn't sellout within 12 hours on either site especially with all the Group Buys from multiple sites, HDN being our favorite obviously and they got a lot of copies from both distributors.
Just curious if anyone else is surprised this didn't sell better. It will obviously sell out at some point but I expected it to happen in 24 hours, certainly the Boxset.

Aquaman both HZzeta and Manta didn't really sell out very fast. Only the Boxset from Zeta sold out in any kind of time but it was easy to preorder can't remember how long but a good hour at least. The rest of the editions hung around for at least a day.
Manta has been live for 24 hours and the only edition that sold out direct is the Double Lenti. The HDN GB you could have preordered a DL copy for well over a week as well as all other editions.
Anyone else surprised this didn't sellout within 12 hours on either site especially with all the Group Buys from multiple sites, HDN being our favorite obviously and they got a lot of copies from both distributors.
Just curious if anyone else is surprised this didn't sell better. It will obviously sell out at some point but I expected it to happen in 24 hours, certainly the Boxset.

Manta and HDzeta - together 6K print run......Aquaman is not so favorite as WW for example.....many collectors leaving the hobby lately....strong dollar, high prices......so in total many factors and definitely not surprising that this is still in stock....:coffee:

Reactions: Shark and Jaxxx
Manta and HDzeta - together 6K print run......Aquaman is not so favorite as WW for example.....many collectors leaving the hobby lately....strong dollar, high prices......so in total many factors and definitely not surprising that this is still in stock....:coffee:

I am surprised it is in stock as of right now, you still expect the one click at least to sell out as they are normally the first to go. Justice League wasn't a great movie, but the one click sold out on the same day. I guess there are too many releases and premiums to choose from these days. WellI next time I won't need waste an afternoon waiting for the next preorder and take my time :coffee: and it probably the one that sells out :squint:

I am surprised it is in stock as of right now, you still expect the one click at least to sell out as they are normally the first to go. Justice League wasn't a great movie, but the one click sold out on the same day. I guess there are too many releases and premiums to choose from these days. WellI next time I won't need waste an afternoon waiting for the next preorder and take my time :coffee: and it probably the one that sells out :squint:

Yep, forgot that one - too many releases and premiums nowadays, people are more picky......yeah that´s probably how it will be lol, better not underestimate anything, one never know in this steelbook game what will happen tomorrow :LOL:

Also, I don´t know how for others, but for me Manta has highest shipping costs from all retailers, so Im also very picky what to order from Manta.....first I wanted to grab a DL or 4K lenti, just to see these, I believe stunning lenticulars, in hand, but then I decided to pass, and stick with zeta only....

If Manta themselves see not selling out within 24h a problem and want to change that then they need to drop their print runs. Even with this same so so art, had they done that, would have got them more sales. 1.5-2k (or less) is where it's at.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jaxxx and Hereticz