Aquaman (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 24) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Will Buy

Votes: 126 67.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: June 21, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + BD) - Lenticular (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (3D + BD) - Box Set (Pre-order May 17 at 8 PM, HKT, GMT+8) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $48.99 (Individual editions) - $159.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Single LentI - Full Slip
Notes: One Click 500 sets, Full Slip 500 , Lenti 500, Double Lenti 500 (Total Print Run 3000)

BOX_bd7540db-9bc8-4f7f-9cd5-efa02065c96f.jpgDLS_16639a13-5a5e-472b-bf4c-5f3e090c2523.jpgLS_cc6f58fa-a40e-427a-a0c0-85df82434a48.jpgFS_690ec035-7e5b-4333-8f10-39a51f5f5da0.jpg

Goodies: Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope
Effects:
- Full Slip Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Spot Matte, Spot Glossy and Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Matte, + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing
- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed" Title.
aqua_steelbook_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If Manta themselves see not selling out within 24h a problem and want to change that then they need to drop their print runs.

Not possible for retailers releasing exclusives and trying to keep prices within "reason". Unless Scanavo lowers their minimum required quantity per order.

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl
Not possible for retailers releasing exclusives and trying to keep prices within "reason". Unless Scanavo lowers their minimum required quantity per order.
I can imagine the cost per steelbook from Scanavo is not that high. If Scanavo refuses to print less than 4k, very well then, premium retailers order 4k and once received, after their own QC, can select 2k in pristine condition and aside from holding back a few for returns, smash the rest.
What are we talking about, an extra $5?

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
I can imagine the cost per steelbook from Scanavo is not that high. If Scanavo refuses to print less than 4k, very well then, premium retailers order 4k and once received, after their own QC, can select 2k in pristine condition and aside from holding back a few for returns, smash the rest.
What are we talking about, an extra $5?

It's not that simple.

That "extra" amount will have to be absorbed by either parties. If it's the retailer, it'll take away from the business bottom line obviously and why would or should they do that.

If it's the consumer, there'll be an uproar in the form of people holding back because the price went up and it'll backfire. There might be some who wouldn't mind if it meant that the print run is smaller, more collectible/desirable yada yada but many don't care about that aspect and would rather pay less and avoid the hassle and stress (that comes for some) from worrying whether there'll be enough copies to go around from that specific retailer or not.

All of that just so that the title sells out in 24 hours or less? Sure that'd be nice but at what cost.

P.S.: they already order some extras to be used for replacement of damaged orders.

All of that just so that the title sells out in 24 hours or less? Sure that'd be nice but at what cost.

P.S.: they already order some extras to be used for replacement of damaged orders.
nope... I'm not saying that for this particular case, not even for Manta, it could be applicable to any and all of them.
In this particular case I'm fairly certain these will sell out in pre-order/before release.

Manta should had put the 4K in one of the Lenti's. Now every DC edition is going to follow that trend with 4K in FS. More like every release 4K in FS.

Manta should had put the 4K in one of the Lenti's. Now every DC edition is going to follow that trend with 4K in FS. More like every release 4K in FS.

It’s in the single lenti

It might change in the future anyway. So I’ve been told

It’s in the single lenti

It might change in the future anyway. So I’ve been told

Yeah they need to change it. Nothing against the FS, but when you have two Lenti's and none of them are 4K it can be rather repetitive to only have 3D on both. I know FACs do their 4Ks in their FS but they normally have two FS and one Lenti.

Yeah they need to change it. Nothing against the FS, but when you have two Lenti's and none of them are 4K it can be rather repetitive to only have 3D on both. I know FACs do their 4Ks in their FS but they normally have two FS and one Lenti.

I agree, but the single lenti does include 4K on this release

Both full slip and single lenti include it.

But yeah I agree, I spoke to them about it and they seem to be testing waters. Shazam will most likely include 4K in their double lenti

I agree, but the single lenti does include 4K on this release

Both full slip and single lenti include it.

But yeah I agree, I spoke to them about it and they seem to be testing waters. Shazam will most likely include 4K in their double lenti

My bad :emb:, I snagged the one click do didn't even bother looking at the other Lenti's. Interesting that the SL has the 4K, should had been the DL, agree with that my friend!

I prefer Zeta's DL's but has no 4K on it which is highly annoying. Not so fond of their Batman 4K SL, their DL are the ones to get IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
My bad :emb:, I snagged the one click do didn't even bother looking at the other Lenti's. Interesting that the SL has the 4K, should had been the DL, agree with that my friend!

I prefer Zeta's DL's but has no 4K on it which is highly annoying. Not so fond of their Batman 4K SL, their DL are the ones to get IMO.

I thought you must of missed that

I had to double check the listing haha

Yeah zetas batman double lentis are phenomenal. Especially the dark knight

• Haha
Reactions: sunnyx
Does anyone know if the release of this is going to be delayed? I think I read the previous release was delayed and wondered if that would have a knock on effect on this. Thanks.

I would assume so yes, Manta Lab will probably post an update soon if it is the case.

Reactions: vexred
Does anyone know if the release of this is going to be delayed? I think I read the previous release was delayed and wondered if that would have a knock on effect on this. Thanks.
I would assume so yes, Manta Lab will probably post an update soon if it is the case.

A few days ago, Aniv posted the below in the First Man thread:

(Aquaman expected to ship in 2 weeks).

Reactions: Drum18 and vexred