Premium Supporter
Oct 23, 2016
Reactions
2,891 6 0
This Just showed up without a notice... Lovely steelbok

Mar 19, 2017
Reactions
156 1 0
First time ordering from FNAC and I received a damaged steel. Hope their customer service speaks english :sweat:
I've not had much luck using their email for service issues. Facebook DM is a better option, in my experience. Try them there.

Apollon

#TheLaw
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
By the way, this piece of info might help some: I received the steelbook in a packaging made specially to house a steelbook inside yet have enough protection around the edges.

It's not perfect by any means but better than what Amazon have been using for the past couple of years.

It reminded me of the packaging Amazon Germany used to use for steelbooks in the past before they turned to the current cheap wannabe packaging.

Perhaps an experimental phase...

Mar 19, 2017
Reactions
156 1 0
If you are referring the packaging that can take two steelbooks side by side, then all my steelbook orders from FNAC have arrived in it. Good packaging, which combined with 2-day DHL service, has been a godsend for me. Certainly better than AZ FR or DE.

Apollon

#TheLaw
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you are referring the packaging that can take two steelbooks side by side, then all my steelbook orders from FNAC have arrived in it. Good packaging, which combined with 2-day DHL service, has been a godsend for me. Certainly better than AZ FR or DE.
I didn't use plural. :p

packaging made specially to house a steelbook inside

Mar 19, 2017
Reactions
156 1 0
I didn't use plural. :p
:D

That would be even better, I think. Less chance of a steelbook sloshing about in the package. :oohyeah: Haven't received any steelbooks in a single size package. Always the doublet.

Apollon

#TheLaw
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
:D

That would be even better, I think. Less chance of a steelbook sloshing about in the package. :oohyeah: Haven't received any steelbooks in a single size package. Always the doublet.
Yeah used to be a bigger box. Not sure if this will be the way going forward when ordering a single item or a one-off.

The only downside to this though is that if it gets a hit strong enough, the steel could get a ding on the front or back.

Jul 7, 2016
UK
Reactions
2,769 26 0
This is the box mine came in (and most others probably). No padding, no bubblewrap, it slid about. Luckily no damage.

2019-04-21-11-23-24-374.jpg

Apr 14, 2017
France
Reactions
1,069 3 0
Nice touch - the "Thank you" printed inside the box ... in Portugese for reason unknown to me.
It's not printed inside the box. It's a paper with 5 languages who says "Merci - Thank You - Obrigado - danke etc"