Digibook Army of Darkness - The Necronomicon BD/DVD Blu-ray Digibook [Australia]

Sammy

\\(=^.^=)//
Premium Supporter
Sep 16, 2011
Brazil
Finally a Necronomicon edition for this awesome movie!! And now on BD too! :D

I dunno if it is an JB Hifi exclusive but I didn't find it in any other Australian online shop!

aod_AUS.jpg

Sam Raimi's Army of Darkness: The Necronomicon. It will be available to buy as a triple-disc DVD and Blu-ray set from June 6.

A boxed set that boasts the third and final installment of the much beloved Evil Dead film cycle, Army of Darkness: The Necronomicon contains both versions of Army of Darkness (Theatrical and Director's Cut), a litany of special features and comes packaged in a one-off deluxe presentation.

In addition to the high definition original theatrical release offered on Blu-ray this volume also includes DVD versions of the theatrical and director's cut, 12 hand drawn pages from the Book of the Dead and extras all housed in a collectable rubber Necronomicon pack.

Bonus materials are many and include original drawings, documentary, 'Creating the Deadites', which explores the creation of the ground breaking visual effects, alternate ending, deleted scenes and audio commentary with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell who also provide comments and recollections for the director's cut and deleted scenes.

"This is a great event with which Via Vision is naturally excited to be associated with," says Nick Wayman, Via Vision Entertainment Executive. "The release is packed with materials that make this a must have for fans who love the Evil Dead trilogy, action and horror buffs and collectors of modern film classics."

Last edited by a moderator:
Available for pre-order from JB HiFi here

Price 33.50 Euros/ 43.50 $US / 27 Pounds (at time of posting!)

Disc 1 (Blu Ray): The Theatrical Version
Disc 2 (DVD): The Theatrical Version
Disc 3 (DVD): The Director’s Cut

Special Features
12 Original drawings from the Book of the Dead
Audio Commentary with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
Deleted Scenes
Creating the Deadites: Documentary exploring the groundbreaking visual effects
Alternate Ending
Deleted Scenes
Original Trailer

Added to upcoming releases list.

Last edited:
Some more info on this release -

Sam Raimi's Army of Darkness: The Necronomicon. It will be available to buy as a triple-disc DVD and Blu-ray set from June 6.

A boxed set that boasts the third and final installment of the much beloved Evil Dead film cycle, Army of Darkness: The Necronomicon contains both versions of Army of Darkness (Theatrical and Director's Cut), a litany of special features and comes packaged in a one-off deluxe presentation.

In addition to the high definition original theatrical release offered on Blu-ray this volume also includes DVD versions of the theatrical and director's cut, 12 hand drawn pages from the Book of the Dead and extras all housed in a collectable rubber Necronomicon pack.

Bonus materials are many and include original drawings, documentary, 'Creating the Deadites', which explores the creation of the ground breaking visual effects, alternate ending, deleted scenes and audio commentary with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell who also provide comments and recollections for the director's cut and deleted scenes.

"This is a great event with which Via Vision is naturally excited to be associated with," says Nick Wayman, Via Vision Entertainment Executive. "The release is packed with materials that make this a must have for fans who love the Evil Dead trilogy, action and horror buffs and collectors of modern film classics."

Reactions: Sammy
I like it.. i have the 1 & 2 with book package. But for darkness the movie is bad (for me) I don't know take it or not (maybe I wait a down price).

Army of Darkness - The Necronomicon (BD + 2DVD) Region Free

Disc 1 (Blu Ray): The Theatrical Version (NO Directors Cut on Blu Ray) :angry:
Disc 2 (DVD): The Theatrical Version
Disc 3 (DVD): The Director’s Cut

Here some pics and I did not like how the disks are placed.

dscn3789c.jpg

dscn3791c.jpg

dscn3792c.jpg

dscn3793id.jpg

dscn3795f.jpg

dscn3796c.jpg

dscn3797o.jpg

dscn3798j.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3807.JPG
    DSCN3807.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 152