Ask Wreck: SteelBooks Questions

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I dont know how long I will do this, or if people have questions ... but I'll check this thread daily in case people have questions about steelbooks etc. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability from what I am allowed to say in some cases or just info you may not have seen me drop before in past threads.

Last edited:
Hi Wreck,

Do you think or know if there will be a steelbook release for Predestination? really liked this movie, love the way they play with the characters timelines. Really hoping so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Wreck
Hi @Wreck I was just wondering if you had heard from any retailers concerning a steel for Kingsman. So far Italy seem to be the only place listing one, yet Blufans announced they would be doing a package using the WWA steel, yet there doesn't so far seem to be a WWA release.

Dave

Hello Wreck,
I have read that Who Framed Rodger Rabbit was the first Zavvi steelbook. I bought my copy of Gladiator in HMV around 2004/5ish, I had no idea of its significance just liked the finish so it went on the bookcase along with my copy of The Day the Earth Stood Still, another brillliant film and packaged in a great steelcase.
I never bought another until I started buying from Zavvi/ebay a year or so ago. I have been searching for an answer to.... who released the first steelbook?
Hope you may be able to answer.

Hello Wreck,
I have read that Who Framed Rodger Rabbit was the first Zavvi steelbook. I bought my copy of Gladiator in HMV around 2004/5ish, I had no idea of its significance just liked the finish so it went on the bookcase along with my copy of The Day the Earth Stood Still, another brillliant film and packaged in a great steelcase.
I never bought another until I started buying from Zavvi/ebay a year or so ago. I have been searching for an answer to.... who released the first steelbook?
Hope you may be able to answer.
If you mean the first UK Steelbook it was Sweeney Todd if I remember correctly......

Reactions: halliwell
Thanks, I wonder was it the first worldwide? Also I'm not sure what date exactly when I bought Gladiator that sort of steel finish was rare back then, did HMV release Sweeny Todd?
I'm not sure it was the first worldwide (someone more in the know might be able to tell you that)

I think it was on general sale if I'm not mistaken, not exclusive to anywhere particular.

@halliwell first Blu-ray steelbook was pans labyrinth Germany. Very nice in gloss. Not sure on dvd
image.jpg

Hi @Wreck,
Hoping you can help me with the following info:
I would like to know if the Jurassic world HMV 3D/2D steelbook might have dutch subs?
Also for the Mad Max Fury Road 3D/2D amazon.de steelbook, if you could tell me if this might have dutch subs?

This info is always so hard to find, mostly you have to wait until a steelbook is released and somebody has received it and checked the discs

@Xenomorph Unfortunately it is true in regards to having to wait for that information. With Jurassic World tho its probable it will have the subs. Universal usually loads their discs with audio/subs

Reactions: Xenomorph