ATI already won next gen Xbox deal?

Apr 2, 2009
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15936/1

We've learned from industry sources that AMD / ATI has already won the GPU deal for the next generation XboX console. It looks like Microsoft was happy with first Xeons GPU and it wants to continue using the same, especially since the new ATI GPU should keep the compatibility with legacy games.

The consoles refresh was supposed to happen in 2010 but due to the recession both Microsoft and Sony have decided to push its plans for 2012 and keep the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 alive for more than it was originally planned.

We don’t know how the GPU looks like but judging from the timeline when it is supposed to be delivered we suspect that it might be a 28nm part.

i still don't buy the 2010 rumor :rolleyes: but whatever. this sounds about right

Yeah it happens every what 5 years, they release one good card and then Nvidia releases an onslaught of cards that leave ATI without an answer. ;)

I'd like to see what they can do for the next consoles though. I wonder what kind of power they have.

I think Microsoft was originally planning 2010. It worked out great for them this gen releasing early so why not? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah, they made loads of money releasing early and got a head start on the competition. The only negative is that the technology they use will likely be obsolete by the time Sony and Nintendo jump into the game...but the lack of Blu-ray in both the 360 and Wii didn't hurt their sales at all.

Yeah it happens every what 5 years, they release one good card and then Nvidia releases an onslaught of cards that leave ATI without an answer. ;)

I'd like to see what they can do for the next consoles though. I wonder what kind of power they have.

if you say so. i usually end up switching between both companies every few years.

let me guess..you just hate ati ;)

Nope, I had 9600, 9800, x400, x800, x1600 and their drivers with ccc just went bad I mean real bad. I don't hate them. I'd gladly get one, but their drivers are no good most of the time. Takes them a long time to provide support and patch their drivers.

Like I said I am just curious to see what they will be bringing to the table with the next consoles.

I just hope Sony's on the ball this time... Cheaper console, and ready to go from the start, they've made huge strides this generation, and I think Sony could look at this generation and dominate next generation..

I just hope Sony's on the ball this time... Cheaper console, and ready to go from the start, they've made huge strides this generation, and I think Sony could look at this generation and dominate next generation..

we can pretty much guarantee that now. no way ps4 is anywhere close to 600 bucks when it launches

The graphics will have to be a helluva an improvement for me to upgrade anytime soon. Cause as far as I'm concerned I have more probs with the way they create lobby systems for MP games ... They cant even get that **** right.