Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: 22nd of June, 2015
Purchase links:
Zavvi
Amazon UK (Releases 5th of October, 2015)
Price: £14.99 (Zavvi) - £22.36 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 2000 Units - Debossed on Front Cover - Includes an Exclusive Poster & Art Cards

PACKAGE.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Art cards? Zavvi must be desperate to try to duplicate the Asian steels. If they're going for swag, I'd say drop the art cards and go with full slips.

The outer artwork is AWFUL. I agree with other posters, the inside artwork should be the cover, in high gloss. The whole point of Austin Powers IS the tacky glorious phsycadelic colours. Who on earth came up with this

Reactions: lolwut
Not very shaggadelic :(.

It reminds me of Get On Up, I don't like grey... with all the popping colours in the film, you'd think they would have used a striking yellow or pink.

It looks like a StudioCanal release, so it could go either way regarding gloss, but if we had this artwork with gloss...

View attachment 152949

... It'd be one of the steelbooks of the year. Now the artwork chosen just looks bland — I don't care if the art I want has been displayed on amarays, there's no friggin' reason why good artwork can't be picked once again over something new but bad!

Also, welcome to the Future! Looking forward to the 20th Anniversary edition of Cast Away which should be due this year, too :).
I'd prefer this as the cover personally, more suited to the film IMO, pleased it is getting a release though:thumbs:, hope the other two are on there way....
View attachment 152948

I agree with you! That artwork would rock!

The price isn't too bad, not sure debossing can save this though. The artwork needs to have some colour to suit the film.

What a crushing release. The inner artwork as the outer artwork would have let me cross this off my grail list but I don't even think I can find one way to justify buying this. An Austin Powers steel book should have groovy vibrant colors, why they chose some grey metal that completely clashes with the movie is beyond me. Just sucks waiting for this release, getting this "art," and now looking at another long wait BC God knows when they will another one.

Don't like to complain, I'm a Zavvi supporter, what they do for steel book collecting is def under appreciated but they screwed the pooch on this one. Some of the questionable releases and artwork lately are very head scratching. I get that its subjective and someone will enjoy every release but its not hard to figure out what will please the most ppl and go with it.

I somehow forgot to mention earlier that I've wanted the Austin Powers films in my collection for a while, but was holding off for either a nice looking UK box set or Steelbooks (I never expected the latter to actually happen though). So if they're definitely going down the Steelbook route, then I'd love for them to at least do matching artwork for them all (which wouldn't be possible with the current vault art), as I'm sure every other collector here would too. :)

The art from the US amarays (or something similar) would be perfect IMO...

man.jpg spy.jpg gold.jpg

The boring (exterior) artwork and the fact that they aren't releasing the trilogy and the fact that they're releasing a 20th anniversary edition even though the film is only 18 years old...easy pass.

Reactions: lolwut
Is this not what collectors want rather than the usual barebones editions? :confused:
I am a collector and I could care less about them. What are you supposed to do with them. everytime you open the case they just fall out. And I would prefer to keep cost down with the exchange rate and shipping cost from UK, and I dont know what collector wants a poster with fold lines all over it

Reactions: hayemaker
Seriously, zavvi should be embarrassed.

1. This was released in theaters 18 years ago!
2. WTH does a vault door have to do with this film?

I applaud the embossing and the ATTEMPT to be creative, but who approves this stuff?