Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 19, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $44.99
Notes: Includes Theatrical/Special/Extended versions of the film

811Ihfr1lQL._SL1500_.jpg 911XJc3mGqL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The only issue I have with these type of disc sleeves/slots is that you have to grab the disc on the top and bottom instead of the sides putting your smudge mark on the read side and so then you have to get a microfiber cloth to clean the surface of the read side of the disc in order for your player to read from it. A smudge or fingerprint is much worse than a scratch because it defracts the optical sensor that reads the disc making it unreadable. I would much rather have the discs stacked instead of this ridiculous design. I have several like this, like the Twilight Collectors box set or the Skywalker Saga collectible set and despise how their designed. The Game of Thrones where they stacked the discs are way better. The only reason they use this design is so they can display more images instead of just including a disc sized picture booklet, cheaping out if ask me. Although the set is nice I will be getting it along with all the other Cameron new releases but damn! Come on studios...take note of this.

Hopefully Amazon will drop the price on these for their Black Friday sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3 and Felix_ro
The only reason they use this design is so they can display more images instead of just including a disc sized picture booklet, cheaping out if ask me.
I agree, but they used to just have clear plastic trays, with full art underneath, so space isn't wasted...
Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy BD Germany V11.jpg

Or even with art duplicated on the discs, so it looks seamless and esthetically nice:
Jurassic Park Trilogy CE R5 V4.jpg

$44.99 is MSRP
You won't end up paying that MSRP if you do a pre order with Amazon

Amazon websites often list price at MSRP when a release first goes live to order been this way for years
They drop prices at various stages before or on release date
When the price drops happen it will vary can be after a few days or weeks later after going live and even be not until release date
Any price drops that happen after you pre order
The pre order price guarantee will auto apply those price drops to your order and cover to close of business on release date
They extend this guarantee to 1-2 days after release date sometimes and will refund you the difference when that happens

I expect this will be around $38.99 or less

• Informative
Reactions: Felix_ro
$44.99 is MSRP
You won't end up paying that MSRP if you do a pre order with Amazon

Amazon websites often list price at MSRP when a release first goes live to order been this way for years
They drop prices at various stages before or on release date
When the price drops happen it will vary can be after a few days or weeks later after going live and even be not until release date
Any price drops that happen after you pre order
The pre order price guarantee will auto apply those price drops to your order and cover to close of business on release date
They extend this guarantee to 1-2 days after release date sometimes and will refund you the difference when that happens

I expect this will be around $38.99 or less
Thanks Paul (@paulboland), no matter what some may say, you're most reliable in what stands those kind of information.
Really appreciated! :thanks:

And really hope they will lower the price WAY MORE, ESPECIALLY for a 14 years movie (even having more discs).

Has there been any talk of this coming to the UK?
I've seen nothing. We're not even getting the original Avatar steelbook on 4K till next year and that's the standard three disc release without the different versions or Dolby Vision. I would be surprised if we ever do.

Last edited:
Torn between getting these or the steelbooks. It's probably not very likely they'll continue this digipack format for the others right?

Unboxing of both Avatar and Avatar The Way of the Water collector's editions
Video also has Avatar 3D edition remastered re-release

Not my video

Torn between getting these or the steelbooks. It's probably not very likely they'll continue this digipack format for the others right?
Hard to say, similar 'trayless' digipacks with magnets were Warner's Diamond Luxe series a few years ago, now modified versions are getting released as Target exclusives, but Disney made the slips better, thicker, and 'full', not 'o-ring', so they're definitely the best yet, and steelbooks don't have all the bonus materials and extended cut of the first film in UHD.
Since digipacks of all sorts have been around for more than 25 years, I'm betting some kind will be released for the other sequels. If there is a viable world society remaining when Cameron surfaces from his damn cartoon dive with the rest...