Avengers 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CDN $169.99

6354135_so.jpg

avengers01.jpg
Avenger (Box) (Steelbook)-front.jpgAvenger (Box) (Steelbook)-back.jpg
Photos courtesy of AcIDc0r3

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure @apsmith21 will do his best to inspect ours ;) :D

I think its a crying shame to see so many damaged between both threads.
If you get lucky with the box will you be so lucky with the steels? Do you unseal or not? It's pot luck I guess.

If I'm an unsealer I would ask anybody shipping a steelbook to me to open it up and inspect it first.
Anytime I send a steelbook to another HDN member I ask them if they would like me to open it up to search for any hidden flaws.

With this set, since it contains 4 steelbooks, I would definitely ask to have it opened and inspected before having it shipped from another country if you plan to unseal it. If you're not unsealing it then having a mint looking sealed copy of this set is the best case scenario.

They are definitely going to be rare!

You keeping yours sealed?

To be honest, since reading the comment quoted below by @Stygian I'm not sure exactly what to do now. He's got a good point there.
I generally unseal my one click boxes but keep the slips/steelbooks sealed. I was planning on unsealing this but considering the amount of damage I have seen
now I'm not too sure. The box can be inspected (if apsmith has time and is good enough to do it for us all) so if the box is mint it's anybody's guess what lurks inside.
Then Stygian raised a good point about asking the host to unseal for me to make sure everything is mint first.

Decisions, decisions.

What's your plan?

If I'm an unsealer I would ask anybody shipping a steelbook to me to open it up and inspect it first.
Anytime I send a steelbook to another HDN member I ask them if they would like me to open it up to search for any hidden flaws.

With this set, since it contains 4 steelbooks, I would definitely ask to have it opened and inspected before having it shipped from another country if you plan to unseal it. If you're not unsealing it then having a mint looking sealed copy of this set is the best case scenario.

You speak sense, I'm just not sure what to do with it yet haha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stygian

I am pretty sure that Andy as a GB host shipping hundreds of copies of various releases has never offered this service of "unseal and check"

To be honest, since reading the comment quoted below by @Stygian I'm not sure exactly what to do now. He's got a good point there.
I generally unseal my once click boxes but keep the slips/steelbooks sealed. I was planning on unsealing this but considering the amount of damage I have seen
now I'm not too sure. The box can be inspected (if apsmith has time and is good enough to do it for us all) so if the box is mint it's anybody's guess what lurks inside.
Then Stygian raised a good point about asking the host to unseal for me to make sure everything is mint first.

Decisions, decisions.

What's your plan?

havent bought one yet mate, maybe end of the month. i think im personaly going to open mine if im honest. i never keep one clicks/boxes sealed

I generally unseal my once click boxes but keep the slips/steelbooks sealed. I was planning on unsealing this but considering the amount of damage I have seen

Decisions, decisions.

What's your plan?

I keep my stuff sealed but in this case I was going to unseal my set simply because you can't see the steelbooks unless you do.
Not to inspect it for damages but just to be able to see the steelbooks lol.

But now I don't know whether to keep a set or not.

Reactions: St4rlord
then i will wait out for the inevitable zavvi boxset or european one, if that never happens oh well. too much stuff on my plate this month lol

I forgot that you're in the UK. I was thinking you were in the U.S. and were going to be looking in a Best Buy store at the end of the month.

Reactions: djjez83
I keep my stuff sealed but in this case I was going to unseal my set simply because you can't see the steelbooks unless you do.

Lots of indecisiveness going on with this release it seems, myself included obviously.

Bloody steelbooks ay, who'd have 'em!

...other than everybody on here, and on facebook, and the 'other' forum, and twitter, and instagram, and other sites

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
Jus

Just curious how many do you actually own that you open and how many people keep there’s sealed?

Jus

Just curious how many do you actually own that you open and how many people keep there’s sealed?

Personally I only own about 200 steelbooks. I've opened a couple of premium slips and just one of the steelbooks in the slip (Pulp Fiction...I thought it was scratched but it turned out it was just the shrinkwrap on the steelbook that was all scratched up.)

I have probably opened less than 5 of my steelbooks.

Typically when I purchase a movie I intend to watch it and enjoy it and they just so happen to be encased inside a steelbook or collectible packaging. ...so yeah, I open them, ALL of them.
When it comes to steelbooks I open them as I buy them to watch but I do protect them in plastic sleeves. There’s the odd things I keep sealed like misprint or rare items or vinyl/cds.

Reactions: Lone Crusader