Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Do you mind advising how I do that please? I really don't want to miss out on this. I've started collecting the Marvel steelbooks and paying the price for starting late :facepalm:
If you look at the top of the page, there will be the bit that says Page 5 of 5 (with page numbers to the right of it) if you look to the left of that, you'll see a link that says "Watch Thread", click that and it'll give you the notification options.

Also, you CAN be alerted by Zavvi when this goes live, just can't remember how you sign up for notifications on steelbooks...
You can sign up for their newsletters (scroll to the bottom of any page and put your email in the box), but if they bother to email you about Steelbook releases or not is completely random. I'm signed up for Zavvi.com, .es, .de's newsletters - half the time I'll end up with a release notification from Zavvi.de, and nothing from .com or .es, yet others will receive emails from .com about it. You can't choose to have alerts just for Steelbook releases.

Last edited:
If you look at the top of the page, there will be the bit that says Page 4 of 4 (with page numbers to the right of it) if you look to the left of that, you'll see a link that says "Watch Thread", click that and it'll give you the notification options.

You can sign up for their newsletters, but if they bother to email you about Steelbook releases or not is completely random. I'm signed up for Zavvi.com, .es, .de's newsletters - half the time I'll end up with a release notification from Zavvi.de, and nothing from .com or .es, yet others will receive emails from .com about it. You can't choose to have alerts just for Steelbook releases.
It's funny you should say that, as I was just looking online for this- Saw the 'sign up for newsletters' option which as you said doesn't specify anything, meaning you'd get everything sent to your inbox in practise.
However, I swear that the only emails I ever receive from Zavvi relate to steelbook releases, nothing more, nothing less...
Think the safest bet for the original poster would be (as you suggested) signing up for alerts on here, as the second it goes live someone will post on here...

It's funny you should say that, as I was just looking online for this- Saw the 'sign up for newsletters' option which as you said doesn't specify anything, meaning you'd get everything sent to your inbox in practise.
However, I swear that the only emails I ever receive from Zavvi relate to steelbook releases, nothing more, nothing less...
Think the safest bet for the original poster would be (as you suggested) signing up for alerts on here, as the second it goes live someone will post on here...

And is that just by clicking "watch this thread" and click "send email notifications" ??

Zavvi announcing in front, but without disclosing the art.
Not to mention that neither pre-sale date has yet.
Hopefully a differentiated art, solely their own.

And is that just by clicking "watch this thread" and click "send email notifications" ??
That's the one- If you want to be extra cautious, check back onto this thread next Wednesday evening; The films out on Thursday and a lot of the recent Disney/Pixar/Marvel releases go live on Zavvi the day they hit the cinemas here- Dare say HDN might be able to shed a bit more light before it goes live...

Oh, and welcome to the forums! (& steelbooks in general if you're just starting a collection)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spadam1989
Zavvi announcing in front, but without disclosing the art.
Not to mention that neither pre-sale date has yet.
Hopefully a differentiated art, solely their own.
Well; Zavvi just 'sign off' the art so to speak, they don't design these themselves- Think they know irrespectively that this will definitely sell out, and fast.
If you're not up to speed with Zavvi's practises, it's best to pre order and keep it that way- Chances are the art could change from what is initially shown, and the last thing you want is to miss out altogether through a reason like this...

Reactions: spadam1989
The lenticular for Avengers Assemble wasn't worth the materials it was printed on. Unless they were to improve the quality I'd rather they not bother for this one and go with a gloss steelbook + embossing.

100% agree leave lentis to others that can do and with gloss and emboss. just hope they go away from damn faces on the spine as won't tally up with one we just bought ;)

otherwise if they do faces thing on the spine, it may have to be a best buy one instead

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: MrBMT
Studios have the final say over artwork, not Zavvi. FYI.
That's what I meant- I know Zavvi have no input into the design process whatsoever, they just decide whether or not to take it on as an exclusive, hence the "signing off" part of my comment (although I dare say there has already been contracts signed to give Zavvi the monopoly on Marvel/Disney steelbooks this in this country anyway..)

I was not into too much the first Avengers movie, it was ok for me, but saw a glimpse of the second movie Age of Ultron and it looks WICKED !!!!!

It does look awesome my friend got to see it, he said it was way better then first Avengers, and Its the darkest film in the MCU to date

Oh that is cool :) I didn't like first avengers so wasn't excited about this until I saw tiny clip it looked awesome.

MCU I guess it refers to the Marvel movies (Thor, Ca, Avengers) ?

Oh if it is the darkest of the all that will be cool !

Oh that is cool :) I didn't like first avengers so wasn't excited about this until I saw tiny clip it looked awesome.

MCU I guess it refers to the Marvel movies (Thor, Ca, Avengers) ?

Oh if it is the darkest of the all that will be cool !
Yes he meant thor ca, and stuff i dont own any MCU movies but going to Buy Avengers steelbook from NM hopefully they do age of ultron too

Yes he meant thor ca, and stuff i dont own any MCU movies but going to Buy Avengers steelbook from NM hopefully they do age of ultron too

Nova doesn't seem to follow a pattern, it is possible but far from sure they would do the second exclusive with Avengers 2...

it really depends on Marvel also which are so strict with the retailers doing a WEA release,

it is their FIRST WEA release from Marvel, ''CA and GOTG'' were ''Nova Choice'' and used the ''WWA steel'' same as every country.

So it is not because their are doing the first one, to expect the 2nd one from them that ain't a sure thing.