Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Well I came home shattered but elated after the triple-bill at the IMAX of Avengers Assemble, Winter Soldier & Age of Ultron and, tired I noticed the Zavvi ZBOX & Age of Ultron steelbook was live (about 4 in the morning when we got home) - which meant I didn't have to risk missing the steelbook order by sleeping past the steelbook going live. So I pre-ordered the combo.

Now I'm a tad concerned that Zavvi's notorious service will mess this order up as, unlike the Dredd & Zbox order (yeah Ok my missus likes to get me a geek box and the Dredd metal badge was too good to resist so bash away :wacky:) which shows as one part dispatched, one to follow my Age of Ultron order is archived...

Zavvi, of course, take the full payment when one part of the combined orders is dispatched. I think I might need to get some tranquilisers if I keep playing Zavvi-roulette with the Marvel steelbooks. :p

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Metal Mickey
Cancelled in favour of the US version. I do like the front art, as soon as I saw it as a teaser poster I instantly loved it and wanted it as the steelbook design.

Well I came home shattered but elated after the triple-bill at the IMAX of Avengers Assemble, Winter Soldier & Age of Ultron and, tired I noticed the Zavvi ZBOX & Age of Ultron steelbook was live (about 4 in the morning when we got home) - which meant I didn't have to risk missing the steelbook order by sleeping past the steelbook going live. So I pre-ordered the combo.

Now I'm a tad concerned that Zavvi's notorious service will mess this order up as, unlike the Dredd & Zbox order (yeah Ok my missus likes to get me a geek box and the Dredd metal badge was too good to resist so bash away :wacky:) which shows as one part dispatched, one to follow my Age of Ultron order is archived...

Zavvi, of course, take the full payment when one part of the combined orders is dispatched. I think I might need to get some tranquilisers if I keep playing Zavvi-roulette with the Marvel steelbooks. :p

I'm in the same boat as you mate, Dredd came through without a hitch but Ultron is not in my outstanding orders like Dredd was and when queried with Zavvi you get a vague response:

02/06/15: I can confirm that your order is still active. The studio has not yet announced a release date for the steelbook. When they confirm the release date we will be able to dispatch your order once we receive the stock.

And now that release date is confirmed:

11/08/15: The reason for this is because the steelbook is not due to be dispatched until later on this year, I do apologise for the inconvience with this and that when we receive the stock into our warehouse for this the order will be dispatched to you.

Will just have to wait and keep my fingers crossed.

I'm so torn. On one hand, i have no interest in owning a steel with the big 'A' on it. But on the other, as a collector, i'm looking for unique and highly collectible. Looking at this release, every steelbook from every country will be exactly the same except for 1, this Zavvi steel with its character spine. If any of them would be collectible, it's this one IMO. But is it worth 50 bucks?(our Dollar is so bad) Im runnin out of time to decide haha i do love the spine, i would never buy one with a blank spine but the characters instead of the title doesn't bother me. Will prob look great in hand