Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so torn. On one hand, i have no interest in owning a steel with the big 'A' on it. But on the other, as a collector, i'm looking for unique and highly collectible. Looking at this release, every steelbook from every country will be exactly the same except for 1, this Zavvi steel with its character spine. If any of them would be collectible, it's this one IMO. But is it worth 50 bucks?(our Dollar is so bad) Im runnin out of time to decide haha i do love the spine, i would never buy one with a blank spine but the characters instead of the title doesn't bother me. Will prob look great in hand

Every European release is the same as this one. They all have the characters on the spine. Disney releases are identical whenever possible.

That said, the US and Canada have the title on the spine and there's a variation with The Vision on the back rather than Ultron. That will be the rarest if that's all your interested in. Of course, rare is such a relative term.

I'm so torn. On one hand, i have no interest in owning a steel with the big 'A' on it. But on the other, as a collector, i'm looking for unique and highly collectible. Looking at this release, every steelbook from every country will be exactly the same except for 1, this Zavvi steel with its character spine. If any of them would be collectible, it's this one IMO. But is it worth 50 bucks?(our Dollar is so bad) Im runnin out of time to decide haha i do love the spine, i would never buy one with a blank spine but the characters instead of the title doesn't bother me. Will prob look great in hand

Zavvis release isnt unique, its exactly the same as all other releases except the US one which has a title on the spine and one version with Vision on the back, and there isnt any release with a blank spine.

Just canceled my x3 copies of this I had on pre order. I'm not collecting too many zavvi steels these days. More for you ninjas!

I used to have 3 pages of pre order on zavvi at any given time. After Zavvi turned me the cold shoulder, I no longer give them my business.

I actually only have one item on pre order now, one copy of National Treasure.

Okay so I've messaged zavvi about my age of ultron steelbook that I ordered with the Zbox that I already paid for back in May because I've read that some customers did not get dispatch emails for the steelbook linked with zboxes and some not even receiving the steelbooks and zavvi turning round and saying they can't do much about it.

This don't sound too promising on how their systems work with a order where it's all paid for but half the items are sent out which is why I'm worried about my age of ultron order and this could also happen to the new iron man steel with the renegade Zbox as the Zbox will be sent well before the steelbook.

Now there are a few mesages taken out where they have just not read what I've put and I keep repeating myself (I left one in) but in the end got to a answer I suppose although i don't trust it and like I say in my last message I'll be messaging them the week before dispatch. Here goes....

(My first few messages they just thought I had pre ordered and not already paid - gives you hope a)

Sent by:You.

I know it's a pre order, But this has already been paid for so my question is will my order (aswel as anyone else who ordered these zboxes) get dispatched in front of anyone who has just pre ordered the steelbook on it's own and not paid for it yet. Like I said I've had troubles where my pre orders haven't gone through because you oversell items. So will mine be sent in front of orders who haven't paid.

Sent by: Zavvi UK.

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch about the pre-orders which you have on our site.

I am afraid that we are unable to guarantee that this order will be sent out as we do have chance for oversell, I hope that this has helped you today with your query.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

(^ not the answer I was hoping for but was expecting it)

Sent by: You.

So even though I have already paid for this with the Zbox back in May there is a possibility I won't get a copy?

That's awful. I think me and any other customers who has already paid for this steelbook along with the Zbox should get priority of it being sent out. You have me worried now because the order shows as dispatched but that's only the Zbox. How will I know if the steelbook has been sent if it's the same order?

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I can confirm that this will be dispatched when we receive the stock in for this pre-order, I hope that this has helped you today with your query.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

(It's like they didn't read what I wrote - again)

Sent by: You.

Okay, well I hope that is 100% correct because like I have said I have already paid for the steelbook in may, other customers did not receive a dredd dispatch with the cops Zbox.
I just hope you have updated your systems in last few months to show that although my order is complete and paid its still only half complete and the steelbook has to be sent to me on release aswell as a dispatch email. I will be messaging closer the time to make sure it's a priority to customers who have already paid for the item with the marvel Zbox. I hope this can be seen in my orders and not forgotten about.
Thanks

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting us about your recent experience with Zavvi.

We are looking into updating our systems so that split orders such as this are categorised more accurately, so that when only part of an order is sent, it will not be classed as completed.

I apologise for any confusion caused around this.

Your order is still in place, and you will receive a email confirming that at the steelbook has been despatched around the release date of 14/09/2015.

We truly appreciate your comments and would appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave your honest feedback on TrustPilot.

You can visit TrustPilot through the below link. An account is not required to leave feedback as you can login using Facebook details.

Thank you for shopping with Zavvi and we hope to see you return soon.

If there is anything else that we can help with, then please let us know and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

So in the end it looks like they have admitted their systems still don't tell them what orders are only half complete on a fully paid order. So this whole Zbox thing don't sound to great when they bunch it with a steelbook and can't even tell who needs to be sent what. I don't know how many people this has affected who has not received dispatch emails and the actual steelbooks with zboxes they paid for months before but I hope whoever has ordered the age of ultron or iron man bundle get their full orders sent.

Also I can see returns for damaged items going t*ts up

Last edited:
Okay so I've messaged zavvi about my age of ultron steelbook that I ordered with the Zbox that I already paid for back in May because I've read that some customers did not get dispatch emails for the steelbook linked with zboxes and some not even receiving the steelbooks and zavvi turning round and saying they can't do much about it.

This don't sound too promising on how their systems work with a order where it's all paid for but half the items are sent out which is why I'm worried about my age of ultron order and this could also happen to the new iron man steel with the renegade Zbox as the Zbox will be sent well before the steelbook.

Now there are a few mesages taken out where they have just not read what I've put and I keep repeating myself (I left one in) but in the end got to a answer I suppose although i don't trust it and like I say in my last message I'll be messaging them the week before dispatch. Here goes....
First of all: Dude, you need to learn how to use the SPOILER option. (Especially for a post like this)

Secondly: Don't buy Zboxes! Simples! Stop supporting these rip offs (and you won't have the hassles that comes with it) ;)

First of all: Dude, you need to learn how to use the SPOILER option. (Especially for a post like this)

Secondly: Don't buy Zboxes! Simples! Stop supporting these rip offs (and you won't have the hassles that comes with it) ;)

This was the first and only bundle I bought back in May before people started posting that they have not had dispatches for dredd and rataoulille (and the other pixar film linked with the Zbox) and not received steelbooks, I went for this bundle at the time because of the pop and it was cheaper and I thought they might of uped the ante with them which I was wrong and made it very clear quite a few times in the iron Man Zbox thread that I made the mistake by ordering this and supporting it and I've been saying not for other customers to fall for it. Then I started reading about the problems with orders so I thought I'd email them in the last 2 weeks.

This info I've posted is for the customers who are concerned about Zbox bundles and how their ancient systems work and I posted it in time for people cancel it if they wish and not possibly deal with not receiving a steelbook because of them admitting they are still working on how to show split orders that have already been paid for and admitting they oversell, which has also happened to me a few times with pre orders.

I've stated I will not fall for these bundles again in the iron man thread but I ordered this back in April/May and I wanted a age of ultron steel with what I thought would be cool stuff linked to that but was shocking instead and hense why I never went for the iron Man bundle nor wanted to support it.

I'd be surprised if these ship early tbh

No ones mentioned shipping early. I mention priority in my message to zavvi because me and other customers who have bought the bundle already paid for the steelbook in May, now I think if you have paid for it already you should get priority over people who have just pre ordered. Especially when they admit they oversell.

No ones mentioned shipping early. I mention priority in my message to zavvi because me and other customers who have bought the bundle already paid for the steelbook in May, now I think if you have paid for it already you should get priority over people who have just pre ordered. Especially when they admit they oversell.

With the problems i already know you have had with zavvi and now this, why you are still buying from them?

Reactions: digitalbabe
With the problems i already know you have had with zavvi and now this, why you are still buying from them?

Because they sell the product I want and I'm not paying over the odds to get something imported when I can buy in the UK. Believe me I only really buy disney and marvel along with the odd other title nowadays from zavvi. If I can get it elsewhere in the UK I will.
This at the time I thought wasn't a bad deal plus the discount (Zbox was under £17 and the steelbook £21 and thought the Zbox would improve and I gave it a few months to improve (in line with the marvel box) but I was massively wrong.
That ok?

Anyway you have had the exact same problems I've had and you still order from them.

Last edited:
Because they sell the product I want and I'm not paying over the odds to get something imported when I can buy in the UK. Believe me I only really buy disney and marvel along with the odd other title nowadays from zavvi. If I can get it elsewhere in the UK I will.
This at the time I thought wasn't a bad deal plus the discount (Zbox was under £17 and the steelbook £21 and thought the Zbox would improve and I gave it a few months to improve (in line with the marvel box) but I was massively wrong.
That ok?

Anyway you have had the exact same problems I've had and you still order from them.

Hobson's choice to coin the phrase when it comes to the world of UK Steelbooks.

May I suggest getting in contact with Zavvi via Twitter @ZavviHelp, hopefully everything works out bud.

Hobson's choice to coin the phrase when it comes to the world of UK Steelbooks.

May I suggest getting in contact with Zavvi via Twitter @ZavviHelp, hopefully everything works out bud.

Very true smiley

At least Amazon are getting a few exclusives but not many.

Yeah I might join Twitter purley because things get sorted quicker from what I read.
Well they have said I will get a dispatch but due to the amount of lies they have told me over the years I just don't trust them. I will message them the week before too but I just wanted to update everyone on where we stand with these bundles. Hope it helps some of you

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
You don't expect them to because it's been that way for so long or you don't expect them to because you see no problem the way things are?

Because it's been like that for so long and it's obvious from the way this retailer behaves that they don't give a slightest $@#! about that... that's why I barely ever buy anything from them nowadays

Reactions: tommyh84
@Flloydo I wouldn't worry. I've canceled both of my copies. I know at least 7 people who have canceled theirs too. And yeah, I know what you mean about the PMs to them. They never seem to answer a question. It's like they have pre-written answers that are dish out randomly lol

Reactions: Flloydo