Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Have to agree, the TWS finish was terrible.

I think I will keep my Zavvi order, as it matches the Avengers HMV (characters on spine also) and possibly go for The Vision BB version (as Ultron on the back if Zavvi release anyway)

I do think the Ultron/Vision release is BB milking it, but there you go :thumbs:
At least the steelbook itself has different back artwork. Milking it is when the same steelbook is released with 3 or 4 different slips,

Reactions: Ronnie3067
At least the steelbook itself has different back artwork. Milking it is when the same steelbook is released with 3 or 4 different slips,

Which means you have to open both to appreciate both versions - pretty pointless, even if you open your steels (like I do) - unless they do a smaller Backing card.

Nova (for example) with the Avengers did milk it, but the difference in the slips/lenti's are there for you to see, not hiding at the back - so leaving you to admire the art, open or sealed.

Look at blu fans and GOTG RandG edition - you can now see the back art, due to the smaller info card.

I've said before, I see no point opening two steelbooks to get to the back and admire the art.

None the less, we are all different, so as long as people enjoy them, then that's all that matters.

Reactions: whysoserious?
Personally I'm keeping my zavvi pre order, got it at 22.50, I'm not jumping in for one of the BB exclusives as by the time you have it shipped they work out to around £35-40 and I know Blufans Exclusive will appear at some point which I will absolutely be getting.

Which means you have to open both to appreciate both versions - pretty pointless, even if you open your steels (like I do) - unless they do a smaller Backing card.

Nova (for example) with the Avengers did milk it, but the difference in the slips/lenti's are there for you to see, not hiding at the back - so leaving you to admire the art, open or sealed.

Look at blu fans and GOTG RandG edition - you can now see the back art, due to the smaller info card.

I've said before, I see no point opening two steelbooks to get to the back and admire the art.

None the less, we are all different, so as long as people enjoy them, then that's all that matters.
How is it any better having to pay over and over again for the same steelbook just for different bit of cardboard around it.

Nope. Haven't bought any Marvel steelbook with these ridiculous spines (except Kimchi/Nova) and don't plan to start now. God help whoever thought it was a good idea :ugh: pre order cancelled.

Since Zavvi are yet to confirm it... I just hope the back art is Ultron and not Vision like the BB exclusive.

Considering that the first teaser poster for Age of Ultron was the A with an Ultron style skin it's not surprising that the steelbook is using that. I won't be surprised if Infinity Wars Part 1 and 2 both use a similar style. Like how the Hunger Games steelbooks and teaser posters all use a variation of the mockingjay badge.

Reactions: D4vem88
Considering that the first teaser poster for Age of Ultron was the A with an Ultron style skin it's not surprising that the steelbook is using that. I won't be surprised if Infinity Wars Part 1 and 2 both use a similar style. Like how the Hunger Games steelbooks and teaser posters all use a variation of the mockingjay badge.
I certainly hope not. I would rather have mismatched steelbooks with superior artwork than a set of steels that match but are unimaginative and boring to look at. Got rid of all UK hunger Games steels in favour of Futureshop and Best buy versions.