Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Thank God that embossed/debossed nonsense has stopped.

You guys are lucky to even have this in hand.

Just went to Xtra-Vision to rent this for tonight (in Ireland new releases ALWAYS come out on the Friday, Mon In the UK) and the guy tells me no. Strictly not to go on sale or for rent until Monday the 14th. They have them there instore and all.

And Zavvi posting my copy last TUES! It will probably arrive Mon Morning anyway!!! :rofl::LOL:

Methinks Zavvi might get in the bad books with Disney over this.
Xtra-vision suck for me, the last time i was there, they asked me to buy some popcorn :rofl: i am surprised they are open for me, they mostly sell DVDs :vomit::vomit::vomit::banghead:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Xtra-vision suck for me, the last time i was there, they asked me to buy some popcorn :rofl: i am surprised they are open for me, they mostly sell DVDs :vomit::vomit::vomit::banghead:
Yeah. Mines the same. FULL of DVD's, feck all Blu Rays. They're an absolute joke.

If I ask for a particular title on blu ray I'm told 'we don't have it, but sure I'll give you the DVD, it's all the same'!!

Ummm.....no thanks. Ever try watching a DVD on a 55'' screen?!

They haven't a clue. :punch:

Reactions: luke98
Yeah. Mines the same. FULL of DVD's, feck all Blu Rays. They're an absolute joke.

If I ask for a particular title on blu ray I'm told 'we don't have it, but sure I'll give you the DVD, it's all the same'!!

Ummm.....no thanks. Ever try watching a DVD on a 55'' screen?!

They haven't a clue. :punch:
I asked for This Is The End on Blu-ray and they gave me a DVD :naughty::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: Jb162009
I have tried take a few pics (but it's quite sunny outside hence the less than ideal pics). There is a trailer reel playing in the background and the 6 cubes rotate every so often to form the viewing panel as shown in the pic.

UxxsDmy.jpg

4YW2JXj.jpg

XsoCmGR.jpg

Sadly you can't design what you want. The studios have a strict criteria for what they want or don't want for a particular steelbook so a designer has to do what they told by whomever is employing them. Once money is changing hands you are expected to do what is required by the studio. If you don't look for another job. It's that brutal and simple.
Thats my point, often the studios are choosing the wrong criteria when it comes to designing steelbook's, they need to employ people who know what they're doing and know what steelbook collectors are looking for to make a release amazing. Sometimes these studios are looking for a quick cash influx for their movies, but they should be looking at the art, design and finish of these limited releases.. but that's where a lot of these companies go wrong and their steelbook's end up in the bargain bin. I actually like this releaee and i think they did an ok job, debossing and spot gloss.. however, having seen zesty's artwork I can clearly see this release could have easily been amazing had they gone with zesty's artwork. Its just a shame they don't always put a lot of effort into their steelbook's.

Reactions: harry
Ok I hold my hands up you guys are correct, I thought when I looked last night the outline of the A was embossed but no you're correct the outline is flat with the black background and it is just the inner parts of the A that are debossed

My mistake :(

Reactions: MrBMT
I had an individual on order which was dispatched and received.
And a Zbox on order that I've had no word of.
Anyone else received no word despite some being received?

Mine arrived at 3pm today and I only live in Belfast but zavvi's discs are always very late arriving to me. And an excellent steelbook it is too. No complaints with this one.

I must say I am a fan of this but I haven't seen it in hand yet because mine still hasn't arrived (although I was told it was only sent yesterday I still don't know if that's true or not)
Like most the picture spines do annoy me but hopefully will get a another version at some point down the line (maybe the vision version with a title)

So annoyed that I still haven't received this seeing guys get it in hand up to three days ago really got my hopes up of watching it this weekend
I'm one of the zbox idiots who although paying in full months ago get put to the back of the que so glad I've washed my hands with that garbage company
On plus side when I get it I can sell it and buy a nice slipcover release Monday morning before this even arrives