Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad I decided to open this open up.
Opened it to find that the back seemed to bump out almost like it hadan air bubble under it, checking the spine there is a slight bump, so I can push the back in to get it back in place but it pops out again... quality control at its best.... lets hope my zbox one turns up... and then has no defects...

So I ordered the z boz offer and din't end up receiving the z box as the delivery guy just left it outside and it got stolen. I contacted Zavvi and didn't hear anything back.

Later while checking my order list I notice the Steelbook wasn't there. Having forgot about the Z Box I assumed I forgot to order the steelbook. My brothers list shows the same.
Are we assuming because the Z box was sent out that removed the steelbook from the list?

Not that it's relevant to 'Age of Ultron', apart from the fact that it's a September release, but FYI September is the first and only month this year at least with EVERY steelbook a Zavvi exclusive . . .

Zavvi - "home of U.K. steelbooks" without a shadow of a doubt I'd say.

The busy poster art on a lenti would at least be a companion for the 'Avengers Assemble' lenti steelbook, which is slightly less crowded, although I don't recall many being happy with that one in the flesh.

Regarding this release: I don't think anybody wrote that it is a "bad" release only that some like myself were disappointed in how 'flat' and dull it looked in the flesh.

I personally felt that it could have been so much 'better' - you just have to see it alongside the HMV 2012 'Avengers Assemble' steelbook release to imagine the difference a gloss finish would have made to this :)

Reactions: lgans316
Hello,

Other than the ZBox orders has anyone not received their single order steelbooks from Zavvi? I ordered 2 copies within an hour of the purchase link going live back in April and they still aren't even showing as dispatched yet. I have contacted Zavvi on a couple of occasions and have been advised they were due more stock on the 14th September (today) but still no update.

And yet again no delivery today and shocked since it was dispatched on Tuesday. I've been really wanting to watch it again. My steelbooks usually take 2 Days to arrive

My Zbox copy also arrived today. Would've been better if it matched the first steel, but I like it overall... great artwork throughout, and I love a bit of spot gloss. :D

Any luck with yours yet @Flloydo?

Reactions: chunk
My Zbox copy also arrived today. Would've been better if it matched the first steel, but I like it overall... great artwork throughout, and I love a bit of spot gloss. :D

Any luck with yours yet @Flloydo?

Nah mate, nothing yet. Bit annoyed but hopefully tomorrow.

Glad to see you have yours and hopefully all the Zbox customers get theirs today or over the next few days.
I'm liking it from the photos. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the vision version and hopefully he brightens up the steelbook with some pink, if the vision one looks nice and has a spine title too then some point Over the next few months will also pick that up (if it's not too expensive)

Nah mate, nothing yet. Bit annoyed but hopefully tomorrow.

Glad to see you have yours and hopefully all the Zbox customers get theirs today or over the next few days.
I'm liking it from the photos. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the vision version and hopefully he brightens up the steelbook with some pink, if the vision one looks nice and has a spine title too then some point Over the next few months will also pick that up (if it's not too expensive)
Fingers crossed for tomorrow then mate!

I actually prefer having Ultron on the back since he is the main villain, plus the red matches the front. Although, after watching the film Vision actually became my favourite character... he kinda reminds me of Dr Manhattan from Watchmen.

Reactions: Flloydo and luke98
Fingers crossed for tomorrow then mate!

I actually prefer having Ultron on the back since he is the main villain, plus the red matches the front. Although, after watching the film Vision actually became my favourite character... he kinda reminds me of Dr Manhattan from Watchmen.

Yeah hopefully.

Oh yeah from what I can see red and blue on ultron match the front "A" and I also like the villain on the back and will hopefully look good next to the nova avengers with Loki on the back (love that back) when I get it but I have one avengers steelbook with no spine title (HMV) and one with a spine title (nova) so to match the age of ultron (zavvi) with no title I would like one with a title (and If I did that I would get the vision version so it's a different back) I have a thor 2 PET sleeve on the way for the spine title and after that will just need a PET for captain America the winter soldier and then this (or steelbook with a title) and then all my marvels will have spine titles :)

Reactions: luke98