Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
got this today and matches the first one from hmv but can't help feeling that this is gonna get a re-release from zavvi with a lenticular to go with there first one.

Yeah I agree but don't know why they just didn't do it the first time, the design is lazy and dull :(

Yeah I agree but don't know why they just didn't do it the first time, the design is lazy and dull :(

Simply because the Zavvi re-release was made for the UK market. Disney aren't bothered about what Zavvi do design-wise especially for the home market, hence their 'true' Disney Classic exclusives (Brother Bear/The Aristocats/The Lion King) all having titles on the spine, whereas their 'normal' Disney exclusives which actually have worldwide releases (Avengers: AOU/Frozen/Cinderella) don't*.

Taking into account the European release of AOU was never going to get a title on it (nor will Ant-Man/CA: Civil War/Doctor Strange), the only thing really wrong with it is it should have been full-gloss (and the 'A' could have touched the edges top and bottom rather than just top). If it had been nice and glossy with deep blacks like the HMV original it could have been amazing.

*there are exceptions.

Wow I can't believe it doesn't match the first one in terms of quality. Really surprised that such an important release looks so cheap and tacky. It looks like I'm pretty much ducking out of Marvel steelbooks for now (BluFans aside). If they aren't going to put the effort in then in not putting my cash in.

I'm guessing whoever wrote that this steelbook is dull is because of the half matte, half glossy finish.
I personally absolutely LOVE matte steelbooks, especially if they are of good quality and this one definitely is.

And I love that they've put a glossy edge all around the front and back. It kinda stands out :)

It's the design that is dull and lazy, was pretty underwhelmed when it arrived, an awesome film deserved better,
ah well

The design is fine - the finish of said design is not and could have been SO much better with a bit of thought . . . IMO :)

Keep the matte black background if you must, but the whole motif should have been embossed and glossed to make it stand out because as it is I feel it is lifeless and disappointing and the motif doesn't 'stand out' as it should.
Maybe it's just too subtle and elegant for me . . . :) but IMO it really doesn't cut the mustard.

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
I think this is a pretty nice steelbook.
The spot gloss works well to highlight the metallic 'A' and Ultron on the back and it matches the original steelbook for the first Avengers film.

I can see why people will be disappointed with it though. It's quite dark overall but I'm sure a poster art version will be released by Blu Fans at some point.

Reactions: Flash
I think this is a pretty nice steelbook.
The spot gloss works well to highlight the metallic 'A' and Ultron on the back and it matches the original steelbook for the first Avengers film.

I can see why people will be disappointed with it though. It's quite dark overall but I'm sure a poster art version will be released by Blu Fans at some point.

In comparision the poster art would have been better

In comparison the poster art would have been better

Which for the initial release, was never going to happen.

Besides, if we're thinking of the same one, was a Photoshop nightmare. Clumsily put together, with emphasis on either Iron Man or Captain America (depending on which country's you were looking at), with all the characters at different sizes depending on how good a deal the actor's agents got for them.

This poster is not good...

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-gangs-all-here-in-the-official-avengers-age-of-ultron-poster/

Scroll down for the Iron Man version which is even worse!

I have to admit, I've never liked that poster. It's far too busy and badly put together

are you completely mad, i think alot of people would have prefered it take away names at top and rubbish at bottom deboss title on front and you got a winner. think blufans could do it very easily with a high gloss finish and would sell out very fast imho.
i know what i would have prefered.

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Poster-700x1037.jpg

basil :thumbs:
I like this art too... after all the credits are removed.. think we might see this released at some point:thumbs: I'm happy with what I have though, but I wouldn't say no to another release:cool::joy:

Reactions: harry and Basil