Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
watched the film again last night still as awesome but the steelbook we all got was pretty dull :(
Sure, it's not full gloss like Avengers Assemble, but it's actually good as far as your average steelbook release goes (and could definitely be an awful lot worse).
Could have been streaky matte with no debossing. ;) If this had been any other title I bet people would be here saying "yay, spot gloss and debossing!"

Sure, it's not full gloss like Avengers Assemble, but it's still pretty good and could definitely be an awful lot worse.
Could have been streaky matte with no debossing. ;)

It's not whether its gloss or not that bothers me, i am not fussed about that I prefer artwork/design, just would have prefered a different image.

Why try and match an old HMV release when you re-released it completely differently :(

• Informative
Reactions: MrBMT
Mine has just arrived (zbox order) along with my first ever spine slash from a Zavvi steel. I'm just gonna keep it though, it isn't too bad.

Nice looking steel though appears a bit dull. I'm sure it will grow on me!

Nice to know the Zbox copies are beginning to be spotted in the wild. Bummer about the spine slash.

Guess mine will be tomorrow then...bloody better be!

Yeah hopefully.

Oh yeah from what I can see red and blue on ultron match the front "A" and I also like the villain on the back and will hopefully look good next to the nova avengers with Loki on the back (love that back) when I get it but I have one avengers steelbook with no spine title (HMV) and one with a spine title (nova) so to match the age of ultron (zavvi) with no title I would like one with a title (and If I did that I would get the vision version so it's a different back) I have a thor 2 PET sleeve on the way for the spine title and after that will just need a PET for captain America the winter soldier and then this (or steelbook with a title) and then all my marvels will have spine titles :)

Got my z-box copy today mate, so fingers crossed you get yours soon.
Really happy with this, does look a bit dull though, full gloss would of been the icing on the cake.
Will watch this tonight, been avoiding watching this till now, which hasn't been easy. :)
Just happy i got my copy, although i won't be getting a z-box bundle again, unless Zavvi start to send dispatch e-mails, or change the way your order is defined when the z-box is sent.

Reactions: Flloydo
Why try and match an old HMV release when you re-released it completely differently :(

Because it matches the first release (from Paramount) which was released all over Europe as a steelbook and even the US as a Viva (I think). The 'A' design is simple, it translates across the world and (Disney being Disney) it saves a lot of money. As mentioned before, there were a few poster variations so using one for the worldwide release may not have even been an option.

The recent version from Zavvi was just that, a Zavvi exclusive. It had a much smaller run than the original 'A' design, and is (despite orders coming from all over), designed for sale in the UK. Just as Nova did their own steelbook of The Avengers, that too doesn't match this Avengers: Age Of Ultron release. You can't honestly think Disney is going to try to match one of the biggest releases of the year to a limited print run exclusive to just one country.

A title like this is designed, at least initially, to sell 'en-mass' so has to appeal to the lowest common denominator, ie: the general public, ie: me. The ones who just want their Blu-ray in a steelbook, without having to pay through the nose, jump through hoops or wait for a better one to come along (which I'm sure it will).

Now that Disney are responsible for Marvel home video releases, this is how it's going to be...

Europe/Australia etc. gets the same titleless design
The US gets the same design but with a title (and possibly a variation)
Later on, Zavvi, Nova, Blu-fans etc. will get an exclusive with different artworks

Rinse, spin, repeat...

So I ordered the z boz offer and din't end up receiving the z box as the delivery guy just left it outside and it got stolen. I contacted Zavvi and didn't hear anything back.

Later while checking my order list I notice the Steelbook wasn't there. Having forgot about the Z Box I assumed I forgot to order the steelbook. My brothers list shows the same.
Are we assuming because the Z box was sent out that removed the steelbook from the list?

i have the same problem

i contact zavvi lat month and they said to wait...

NOTE we have pay allready!! they charged the price of bundle

Yep. My ZBOX steelbook arrived today. I had another copy on order which actually arrived on Saturday morning incase the ZBOX copy never arrived going by the reports I have read on other members ZBOX delievries.

Both Steelbooks are fine too. Hope everybody else gets there's soon and are satisfied.

Got my steelbook last Thursday and very happy with it, it's what I expected, nothing more, nothing less, I just wish the film was better. I'm getting superhero fatigue.

But on another note, I got an email saying last few remaining for this steelbook and the Heroes & Vilians zhitebox bundle @ only £44.99, but don't hold your breath, it says pre-order 30th September......

So for all of you who missed out, you still can't order it on it's own as (at the time of writing) is still showing as sold out.

I despair sometimes at zavvis tactics, it's shameful. :angry:

Got my steelbook last Thursday and very happy with it, it's what I expected, nothing more, nothing less, I just wish the film was better. I'm getting superhero fatigue.

But on another note, I got an email saying last few remaining for this steelbook and the Heroes & Vilians zhitebox bundle @ only £44.99, but don't hold your breath, it says pre-order 30th September......

So for all of you who missed out, you still can't order it on it's own as (at the time of writing) is still showing as sold out.

I despair sometimes at zavvis tactics, it's shameful. :angry:

Thanks for the update. I too got this email earlier.

I still haven't had my stand alone order made in April dispatched. The customer service from Zavvi is so poor and saying they have further stock they can add to the Zbox infuriates me more. I seem to be the only person that ordered the steelbook on its own that hasn't got their copy yet.

Watched this for the first time last night.

I must say, the movie matches the steelbook. What a let down!

The whole thing is a mess. Feels like the studio made so many changes to this from Wheedons 'vision' (no pun intended)!

Reactions: davhyl
Got my copy today, love the steelbook, only thing I've noticed is the background behind ultron, on my copy it's extremely dark but I've seen photos on here with loads of detail behind him. Bit annoying really.
Can't believe they have also added this to the Zbox bundles! That's 3 steelbooks now with the same bundle.

Got my copy today, love the steelbook, only thing I've noticed is the background behind ultron, on my copy it's extremely dark but I've seen photos on here with loads of detail behind him. Bit annoying really.
Don't worry, the background actually is very dark, it just shows up a lot better in photos.