Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 2, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - 3D+2D Collector's Edition - 4K+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (3D+2D CE) - £67.99 (4K+2D CE)
Note: Collector’s Editions limited to only 1500 copies worldwide

12091900-1684684660698726.jpg 12091902-1044684661430090.jpg
12091900-6584684660923096.jpg12091900-7854684664162187.jpg
12091903-3504668117681516.jpg12091903-1234668117803826.jpg12091903-9834668117413490.jpg12091903-7394668117157743.jpg
413662-4496bdd58eb1d133c21f9ed7360a8022.jpg 413661-1de24024a4bb602de4c2fa2f4d49601b.jpg
*advice ordering multiples* be wary ordering multiple editions/copies in a single order if you plan on cancelling when you later decided which edition you want to keep: Zavvi cancellation is not reliable or simple, specially if using discount codes.
2 options:
A - pick and choose - separate orders for each item/edition
B - use the "contact us" option on the website and request for a specific title to be cancelled

(Thanks to Dazzler and Paulboland for pointing this out)

Last edited:
This will be back up for pre-order on Monday 26th August, 6pm. UK time

Update on time
Will be back to pre order midday 12pm on Monday August 26th

Zavvi have locked out non-red carpet customers to the item page/link (not live though), you have to be a RC member and logged in to see the page.

I think this answers the question of whether RC members will get first dibs, just a question of how early,

Anyone with Red Carpet membership able to confirm if this and IRON MAN 4K is live early for them ?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"To celebrate 2 years of Zavvi exclusive steelbooks we proudly present the Zavvi Exclusive Gold Edition of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit Steelbook. The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back."
So what's it to be for 10 years?

Last edited:
Anyone with Red Carpet membership able to confirm if this and IRON MAN 4K is live early for them ?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"To celebrate 2 years of Zavvi exclusive steelbooks we proudly present the Zavvi Exclusive Gold Edition of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit Steelbook. The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back."
So what's it to be for 10 years?
Can confirm it's not live

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Just how big is that rock that you live under? ;)
yeah yeah funny arse :p

I deal with Zavvi as little as possible, more of a premium collector so considering how new this is, I had no idea what you were all on about
minumal contact and all that

however, now I know - am pretty appaled and this Endgame CE may end up being the last purchase from them ever (of the 2 other pre-orders one is alread promised to another member and the other I've been on the fence about, pre ordering only to decide later)

Reactions: Stygian

I deal with Zavvi as little as possible, more of a premium collector so considering how new this is, I had no idea what you were all on about

however, now I know - am pretty appaled and this Endgame CE may end up being the last purchase from them ever (of the 2 other pre-orders one is alread promised to another member and the other I've been on the fence about, pre ordering only to decide later)

I'm probably in the minority here but if I lived in the UK I'd probably jump all over the Red Card deal. Without the 10% off and free delivery this cost me an extra $11.00 Canadian. In Canadian dollars the Red Card membership would be $17.99. 2 steelbooks pays it off and more.

But yes it sucks that they have changed things.

I'm probably in the minority here but if I lived in the UK I'd probably jump all over the Red Card deal. Without the 10% off and free delivery this cost me an extra $11.00 Canadian. In Canadian dollars the Red Card membership would be $17.99. 2 steelbooks pays it off and more.
we get free delivery anyway and personally I dont spend enough(MCU and occasional Disney steels being all I get from them) to get any sense of value for money on the advance access

Plus there are a lot of codes that give 10% off anyway so its just an obvious cash grab preying on collectors fear of missing out of steelbooks sellling out (IMO) - its a tenner a year for early access, nothing more not matter how they try to dress it up

If you international guys could benifit then sure it makes all the sense in the world, but for UK based people, it doesnt.

Its not the change its just greedy when their prices are creeping up all the time, their customer service sucks eggs and pull crap like this when I bet we dont see simply UI improvements ie changing card/addresses on pre-orders

we get free delivery anyway and personally I dont spend enough(MCU and occasional Disney steels being all I get from them) to get any sense of value for money on the advance access

Plus there are a lot of codes that give 10% off anyway so its just an obvious cash grab preying on collectors fear of missing out of steelbooks sellling out (IMO) - its a tenner a year for early access, nothing more not matter how they try to dress it up

If you international guys could benifit then sure it makes all the sense in the world, but for UK based people, it doesnt.

Its not the change its just greedy when their prices are creeping up all the time, their customer service sucks eggs and pull crap like this when I bet we dont see simply UI improvements ie changing card/addresses on pre-orders
Yes but that's not all it is really, zavvi are pretty much pressuring us who use the site for items such as this by offering early access for red carpet members, free delivery and a charge for delivery to non red carpet members. So to the average consumer who uses the site once in a blue moon might not have the same access to items they want forcing them to either do without or pay more on eBay. It's very underhanded by zavvi

I actually quite like it. It gives UK subscribers early access - we are normally fairly screwed by other countries, who don’t ship internationally (looking at you, Best Buy and Target). Also, it works with the likes of Quidco and Nectar, so you get the benefits from them. So overall I’m pleased with it.

I also think we need to remember that as the physical media market continues to contract, if subscription models help retailers remain open then I am all for it. It is under £1 a month, which is under half a coffee, 1/32nd of my mobile phone control and under 1/100th of my electricity and gas bill.

Yes but that's not all it is really, zavvi are pretty much pressuring us who use the site for items such as this by offering early access for red carpet members, free delivery and a charge for delivery to non red carpet members. So to the average consumer who uses the site once in a blue moon might not have the same access to items they want forcing them to either do without or pay more on eBay. It's very underhanded by zavvi
you realise we both dislike the Red Carpet thing they are pulling right?

I actually quite like it. It gives UK subscribers early access - we are normally fairly screwed by other countries, who don’t ship internationally (looking at you, Best Buy and Target). Also, it works with the likes of Quidco and Nectar, so you get the benefits from them. So overall I’m pleased with it.

I also think we need to remember that as the physical media market continues to contract, if subscription models help retailers remain open then I am all for it. It is under £1 a month, which is under half a coffee, 1/32nd of my mobile phone control and under 1/100th of my electricity and gas bill.
so you are happy to hand them more money for what is essentially just early access? (not having a go but thats basically all you are guarenteed at this point) so am genuinely curious.
UK'er's get free delivery anyway, and there are always 10% off codes floating around(many that cant be used with Quidco mind) so depending what these 'exclusive offers' end up being might swing it but its doubtful - Zbox anyone?

Its just the cheek of it and another reason lessening my already minimal interaction with this company.

you realise we both dislike the Red Carpet thing they are pulling right?

so you are happy to hand them more money for what is essentially just early access? (not having a go but thats basically all you are guarenteed at this point) so am genuinely curious.
UK'er's get free delivery anyway, and there are always 10% off codes floating around(many that cant be used with Quidco mind) so depending what these 'exclusive offers' end up being might swing it but its doubtful - Zbox anyone?

Its just the cheek of it and another reason lessening my already minimal interaction with this company.

Zavvi said that when they introduced Red Card that free shipping on steelbooks was no longer available.
Also, it has been reported that the 10% off codes are no longer working for non Red Card members.

Whether any or all of that is true all the time I don't know.

Zavvi said that when they introduced Red Card that free shipping on steelbooks was no longer available.
Also, it has been reported that the 10% off codes are no longer working for non Red Card members.

so they are removing what we already had in order to sell it back to us as a 'new' deal...it just gets worse :(
(assuming if it is true)

When is the restock for this one?
prior memeber stated 26th so Bank Holiday Monday (I believe it a page or two before)

Reactions: Stygian
so they are removing what we already had in order to sell it back to us as a 'new' deal...it just gets worse :(
(assuming if it is true)

prior memeber stated 26th so Bank Holiday Monday (I believe it a page or two before)

Yes neither the 10% off code nor the free shipping is currently working for me trying to order the Infinity War lenti right now which is live for all.

Speaking as someone not Red Carpet I can write that your comment is partly true ... and that non RC members can still get the 10% off code on in-stock items but not on pre-orders ... for example, today:-
I ordered A STAR IS BORN earlier today @£24.99 + 0.99 P&P - 10% WELCOME346 code = £23.49
and
the INFINITY WAR lenti steelbook at 11:42 @£27.99 + 0.99 P&P - 0 discount = £28.98.

So almost 29 quid for a steelbook that would have cost me about £25.20 a week ago.

I am not sure I would use the word 'happy' - am I happy to give Vodafone £32.50 a month? Probably not - but I think for the benefits it gives over non-RC users it is worth the 83p a month. I get that they have removed benefits that are now free, but it is nonetheless true that now I only need to order one product a month from Zavvi to make it back (thanks to the shipping charge on everything now). The discount code is effectively unchanged, as the 10% WELCOME346 still works, though as I say can now be used with my nectar card, giving an extra 1% off. RCSTEEL does not work on pre-orders. Finally, early access gives peace of mind, which itself has a value, though I am not sure what that is. Probably still more than 83p a month.

That is how I am evaluating it anyway.